Week 8 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I think that he's actually throwing the ball pretty well. One of the Int's wasn't his fault, and the Chiefs have a pretty good defensive scheme on Gates. As usual, V-Jax is doing nothing.
    But why? VJax has been a borderline All-Pro the last two years. What changed with him? He got his dough?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      But why? VJax has been a borderline All-Pro the last two years. What changed with him? He got his dough?
      Maybe...last year he missed too much time to make any judgements about him, and this year, who knows? Maybe it's Gates being out for so long, maybe it's the dough, maybe it's something else?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
        I just can't believe he doesn't have an injury. Nobody goes from being as good as he's been to as poor as he is now without an underlying injury or advanced sports age. And since Rivers isn't remotely old yet, it has to be an injury. Or Norv Turner, I suppose. Never underestimate the awfulness of Norv Turner.
        Doesn't Rivers have a sternum injury?

Ed,

I knew my 49ers were playing well but damn those are some nice rankings. The Brownies exploded our passing game once they keyed in on Frank Gore so we'll see if we can adjust to that.

Our games against the Giants, Ravens, and Steelers will be a good litmus test of how we'll do in the playoffs. It all rests on the *gasp* arm of Alex Smith. Maybe we should throw to our linemen more often out of power I sets. LOL.

See you guys in two weeks buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Better than borderline All Pro CB?

I could not watch the end of the game, but the Rivers INT in the 1st quarter was all on him. He fixed on VJ, then badly overthrew Gates in decent coverage. It would be a tough throw, but All Pros make it.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I just can't believe he doesn't have an injury. Nobody goes from being as good as he's been to as poor as he is now without an underlying injury or advanced sports age. And since Rivers isn't remotely old yet, it has to be an injury. Or Norv Turner, I suppose. Never underestimate the awfulness of Norv Turner.
            it must be his horrid throwing motion.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

This might be the week I give up on Philip Rivers.
              I'm giving him one more shot in Week 9, because the Packers give up a lot of yards through the air and I can see that game being a shootout. Plus, my other option is Cutler and I don't like his matchup vs. PHI at all.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The Chiefs are in 1st place in the AFC West, with a short leg up in the tie breakers.

LeRon McLain said after the Colts game that we would the next five in a row. Three games down, with Denver and Miami to beat. A month ago people laughed.

Phillip rivers looks hurt. His biggest advantage was always lethal accuracy. His first INT last night was 10 yards overthrown. something is interfering with his motion.

Dallas ha always been a bit Jekyl and Hyde, but this is ridiculous.

Philly really does have the best roster of the "bad" teams.

Schaub is the #1 QB, hence #1 player, in both my leagues.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Schaub is the #1 QB, hence #1 player, in both my leagues.
                  Because he hasn't had his bye week yet? Who's #1 on a per-game basis?

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    Philly really does have the best roster of the "bad" teams.
                    I think there's a very good chance they get to 9-7, which might be good enough to win the division. There's a decent chance they get to 10-6, which almost definitely will win it. New England is the only remaining game on their schedule that I think is more than likely a loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X