Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm starting Donald Brown over Chris Johnson next week

Comment

Record of 1st 7 Giants opponents so far, not counting their game against the Giants: 10-25
      Record of Giants' last 9 opponents, entering today: 37-20

(Giants opponents so far are 12-30 if you prefer to count the Giants game, too)
      Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-30-2011, 03:00 PM.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Victor Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz!!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Record of 1st 7 Giants opponents so far, not counting their game against the Giants: 10-25
          Record of Giants' last 9 opponents, entering today: 37-20

(Giants opponents so far are 12-29 plus today if you prefer to count the Giants game, too)
          So I should be trading Eli....

Comment

Well, some Giants opponents like the Patriots and Packers are great, but can be thrown on.

The Eagles are the only team the Giants have left that entered today with a losing record...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              So I should be trading Eli....
              The Giants don't face a tough pass defense until Wk 14. He's probably never had a higher value though, and if you could parlay him into some good chips, I might deal him.

And don't forget, if you think those teams are better than the Giants, then they're going to be behind and will need to throw often....

Comment

Cam Newton is on pace for 4600 yards passing with 650 yards rushing. Unreal.

Comment

including all early games
                  * means they haven't played or finished yet this week

AFC
                  Patriots 5-1*, Bills 4-2*, Jets 4-3, Dolphins 0-7
                  Steelers 5-2*, Ravens 5-2, Bengals 4-2*, Browns 3-3*
                  Texans 5-3, Titans 4-3, Jaguars 2-6, Colts 0-8
                  Chargers 4-2*, Raiders 4-3, Chiefs 3-3*, Broncos 2-4*

NFC
                  Giants 5-2, Cowboys 3-3*, Redskins 3-3*, Eagles 2-4*
                  Packers 7-0, Lions 5-2, Bears 4-3, Vikings 2-6
                  Saints 5-3, Falcons 4-3, Buccaneers 4-3, Panthers 2-6
                  49ers 5-1*, Seahawks 2-4*, Cardinals 1-6, Rams 1-6

SUCK FOR LUCK
                  Colts 0-8
                  Dolphins 0-7
                  Rams 1-6
                  Cardinals 1-6
                  Jaguars 2-6
                  Vikings 2-6
                  Panthers 2-6
                  Seahawks 2-4*
                  Broncos 2-4*

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Fantastic Detroit....fantastic

Comment

So Tim Tebow has now completed just 40% of his passes this season, this after completing just 50% last season. In a league where Aaron Rodgers is completing passes at a 70% clip, and guys like Eli Manning are checking in at 65%, how on earth do the Broncos think they can win with a QB averaging a 45% rate over his career? If his name wasn't Tim Tebow, he would've been tossed to the curb already.

As I said earlier this season, the Broncos may be better off turning Tebow into a fullback/tight end hybrid and use his athleticism that way. I can't imagine the Broncos, with HOF quarterback John Elway running the team, will be able to stand a QB with such a horrendous completion % and YPA.

Comment

Lions having fun with him.

He's f'n terrible

Comment

They have this dreadful Redskins-Bills game on in these parts.

It's obvious that Shanahan got it exactly wrong - he started the season with Santana Moss healthy, Hightower/Torain/Helu at RB, the hope that Cooley would be healthy, a strong offensive line, and a tough defense.

So what QB would you use with that crew? Beck - you just need to have a guy avoid making big mistakes, and they can win. Grossman was shaky, but they got to 3-1 anyway. Then Grossman has an awful game, and they shifted to Beck last week - now that they have a decimated offensive line, Cooley and Hightower are done for the season, and Moss is out 6-8 weeks.

Their only hope now would be with Grossman, since Beck predictably can't be a caretaker QB with so few weapons.

I guess they were doomed anyway, with all the injuries, but Shanahan has not impressed, really.

20-0, Bills. Now that the horses have all left the barn, I wonder if he goes to Grossman 10-12 minutes too late.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

that commercial where the guy says "You invited Eric? I thought Eric gave you the creeps" cracks me up every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              They have this dreadful Redskins-Bills game on in these parts.

It's obvious that Shanahan got it exactly wrong - he started the season with Santana Moss healthy, Hightower/Torain/Helu at RB, the hope that Cooley would be healthy, a strong offensive line, and a tough defense.

So what QB would you use with that crew? Beck - you just need to have a guy avoid making big mistakes, and they can win. Grossman was shaky, but they got to 3-1 anyway. Then Grossman has an awful game, and they shifted to Beck last week - now that they have a decimated offensive line, Cooley and Hightower are done for the season, and Moss is out 6-8 weeks.

Their only hope now would be with Grossman, since Beck predictably can't be a caretaker QB with so few weapons.

I guess they were doomed anyway, with all the injuries, but Shanahan has not impressed, really.

20-0, Bills. Now that the horses have all left the barn, I wonder if he goes to Grossman 10-12 minutes too late.
                              Their depth sucks due to all of those draft picks they've thrown away in recent years

Comment

The Redskins do seem to have a growing number of good young defensive pieces, but they've wasted the Cooley and Moss (and Portis) primes on offense. Someone on Twitter just compared the Spurrier and Shanahan regimes. Interesting.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X