Carson Palmer to Oakland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I read what I posted on the Chicago Tribune (or something like that) website. ESPN now is saying it's a 2nd that becomes a 1st if they reach the AFC championship in either of the next two years.

Far, far more than what I would have paid but it's nice to get a good QB and have a good team that appears ready to really compete right now. Plus, they're still very young almost across the board. I don't love it but I'm not really freaking out. I just hope that Palmer is awesome Palmer and not crappy/injured Palmer.
    Palmer hasn't looked right for two years and is now coming off a layoff of nearly 10 months where he hasn't thrown or played competitively. I'm curious as to why you'd be optimistic that he could be good again, especially anytime this year.

I agree wholeheartedly with Bill Simmons on this deal. I think it was a disaster for the Raiders. They've already dished out a third rounder for Terrelle Pryor that is essentially now a wasted pick. And now they've doled out a first and a second for a quarterback who looks like he's in the twilight of his career. I hope I'm wrong, because a rejuvenated Raiders team is always fun to have around in the NFL, but this move puzzles me like no other in recent memory. And as a Dolphins fan, that's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
      Palmer hasn't looked right for two years and is now coming off a layoff of nearly 10 months where he hasn't thrown or played competitively. I'm curious as to why you'd be optimistic that he could be good again, especially anytime this year.

I agree wholeheartedly with Bill Simmons on this deal. I think it was a disaster for the Raiders. They've already dished out a third rounder for Terrelle Pryor that is essentially now a wasted pick. And now they've doled out a first and a second for a quarterback who looks like he's in the twilight of his career. I hope I'm wrong, because a rejuvenated Raiders team is always fun to have around in the NFL, but this move puzzles me like no other in recent memory. And as a Dolphins fan, that's saying something.
      Short memory
      ahem ahem Reggie Bush ahem ahem

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
        Short memory
        ahem ahem Reggie Bush ahem ahem
        The Dolphins didn't give up two 1st rounders for Bush. He's an awful mediocrity as a player, but at least they didn't mortgage as much as the Raiders did.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Do you have a good QB? I thought that was the whole point in drafting and playing Dalton.

J
          They only drafted Dalton after Palmer stated he would never play for the Bengals again, not because they didn't have faith that Palmer was not any good.

Originally posted by bodhizefa
          I hope I'm wrong, because a rejuvenated Raiders team is always fun to have around in the NFL, but this move puzzles me like no other in recent memory. And as a Dolphins fan, that's saying something.
          How about the Cowboys parting with a 1st and 3rd rounder for Roy Williams?

Comment

Working...
          X