No announcement yet.

*Week Two Discussion Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the second year in a row that I left my auction league's draft with the best team on paper, and the second year in a row that it's going down in flames due to injuries (Manning, Charles).
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

2-0 so far - anyone NOT have these seven?

AFC
      Patriots 2-0
      Jets 2-0
      Bills 2-0

Texans 2-0

NFC
      Redskins 2-0

Packers 2-0
      Lions 2-0

Best Week 3 games

Lions at Vikings - are we ready to live in a world where the Lions go to 3-0 with a road, divisional win?
      Packers at Bears - how the other half of the division lives
      Patriots at Bills - battle of the unbeatens
      Giants at Eagles - always a good one
      Texans at Saints - good test for touted Texans
      Chiefs at Chargers - Survivor special?

Steelers at Colts - Sunday Night Massacre?
      Redskins at Cowboys - finally, maybe a relevant Monday Night game of these archrivals?
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Vick has a concussion. Week 3 availability is not yet known. Expect Mike Kafka to start if he can't go.

Comment

Giants at Eagles - always a good one
          The Giants have not beaten the Eagles since Burress shot himself, usually because Eli has played like dog poo.

Comment

Chiefs at Chargers - Survivor special?
            Division games are usually a bad idea, and Norv Turner against the AFC West is an especially bad idea. The man always finds ways to lose games he should win. I realize the Chiefs are all kinds of terrible, but so were the 1990 Cowboys, and they beat an excellent Redskins team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              Division games are usually a bad idea, and Norv Turner against the AFC West is an especially bad idea. The man always finds ways to lose games he should win. I realize the Chiefs are all kinds of terrible, but so were the 1990 Cowboys, and they beat an excellent Redskins team.
              The only problem I have with this, is the fact that Norv Turner as head coach of the San Diego Chargers is 18-6 vs AFC West division opponents.

Comment

Yes, but he should be 24-0, given the talent gap between his team and the others.

Comment

Lots of major injuries yesterday including Romo, Felix Jones, Austin Miles, Mike Vick, Jamaal Charles and I am sure I missed a few.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I'm not enjoying Sunday night football as a fantasy owner. Last week's opponent had Welker. This week's opponent had Maclin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Lots of major injuries yesterday including Romo, Felix Jones, Austin Miles, Mike Vick, Jamaal Charles and I am sure I missed a few.
                      Aaron Hernandez.

Comment

Also, torn ACL for Jordan Shipley.

Comment

A few big defensive losses too this week (though not as big as Berry and Beason last week)

Thomas Davis with his third straight season lost to a torn ACL - sad, he had great potential
                          Nick Collins lost for the season to a neck injury, also very scary

Comment

Wow - strange INT for Eli (what else is new). Manningham looked like he was open by a good 10 yards, then all of a sudden a Rams CB beats the throw and picks it off.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Wow - strange INT for Eli (what else is new). Manningham looked like he was open by a good 10 yards, then all of a sudden a Rams CB beats the throw and picks it off.
                              Uggghhh... if this whole game is gonna be like this I'm not gonna bother fighting off sleep to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                                Uggghhh... if this whole game is gonna be like this I'm not gonna bother fighting off sleep to watch
                                after that horrific defensive play, I think you should go to sleep now.

Comment

Working...
                                X