*Official Week One Discussion Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
    I thought the new kickoff rules would limit the number of returns... judging by today it's increasing the number of big returns
    Yeah everyone thought that coming in. However, we should be cautious not to swing back to the other guardrail and assume because of an outlier weekend that has seen 3 kickoffs returned for TD (how often does that happen?) that the move won't have any impact and we'll see big returns all year. My guess is coverage teams bought into the hype of touchback fest & got caught off guard a bit. Adjustments will be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Bench outscoring my starters already in week 1.....I hate this stupid hobby
      Bench outscoring entire team of opponent at this point. Using Brady, Flacco benched. No FLEX RB went with Charles & Best over Tolbert. No specific TE, just WR/TE & I went Vernon Davis over Stevie Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
        I thought the new kickoff rules would limit the number of returns... judging by today it's increasing the number of big returns
        On the other hand, I don't remember the last time I saw this many guys trying to run it out from eight or nine yards deep in the end zone and getting stopped around the ten.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

so LT looks like he still has some gas in the tank. And looks like Shonn Green can use some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Tough...I would say break, but... Kendrick owners just got lucky. My question is about Bradford's throwing hand.
            Kendricks, a rookie TE, had 1 catch for 18 yards. Who exactly owns this guy, and why should they be lucky?

Comment

and Tony Romo hasn't missed a beat. He is still the master of turning a win into a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by owned View Post
                and Tony Romo hasn't missed a beat. He is still the master of turning a win into a loss.
                I thought they tried to sit on the lead a bit early, which is a play calling issue. Plus, the defense must get its share of the blame.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Kendricks, a rookie TE, had 1 catch for 18 yards. Who exactly owns this guy, and why should they be lucky?
                  I think he means that Kendricks will get the over-the-middle balls that would have gone to Amendola. Though it looks like Amendola may only miss 4-5 weeks instead of the whole season.

Kendricks should have had 3-50 and a TD, but he had two awful drops. Rookie jitters, I guess.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    I think he means that Kendricks will get the over-the-middle balls that would have gone to Amendola. Though it looks like Amendola may only miss 4-5 weeks instead of the whole season.

Kendricks should have had 3-50 and a TD, but he had two awful drops. Rookie jitters, I guess.
                    I know he's a sleeper TE prospect, but he did look awful yesterday. Two right off his hands.

Only 511 yards for Tom Brady tonight?

Comment

I cant believe I am staying up to watch this sickly looking offense. The Broncos defense looks solid but the penalties and impotent offense is going to make me even grumpier in the AM.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I had massive luck in RJ, and average lucj in my other league. 1-1. I gots to do better than this.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

3-1 in my money leagues, 1-2 in my non-money leagues. That's the opposite of what usually happens to me.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I went 8-2 overall....lost to OneJay in the Liz Hurley League and lost in one of my experts league.

In most leagues, I had Rice, Welker or Brady or a combination thereof.

Comment

2-1 in my leagues.

Comment

2-1. Got my arse handed to me in RJ Play. Smoked my opponent in Liz. Nice win in another league.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X