No announcement yet.

My very 1st FFB draft tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's how the 1st round went tonight (Foster a 5th round keeper).

1. Chris Johnson
    2. Rodgers
    3. Rice
    4. Mendenhall
    5. Andre Johnson
    6. Gore
    7. Vick
    8. White
    9. Charles
    10. Megatron
    11. Wallace
    12. AP (keeper)

I really thought about Michael Turner as my #2 as well as Brees but for some reason I went with 2 WRs.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

im an idiot i keep forgetting it's a 12 team league not 10. you drafted an awesome team. that Mendenhall offer looks kind of good. you got a WR to trade for a RB. who knows whats gonna happen in GB with Starks. probabaly not gonna get a better RB than Mendenhall in a trade so i would do it. i think he's gonna have a really great season.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        im an idiot i keep forgetting it's a 12 team league not 10. you drafted an awesome team. that Mendenhall offer looks kind of good. you got a WR to trade for a RB. who knows whats gonna happen in GB with Starks. probabaly not gonna get a better RB than Mendenhall in a trade so i would do it. i think he's gonna have a really great season.
        Thanks for the vote of confidence but you're in the minority thus far as the two others I've spoken to said my team is 'crap' and 'a work in progress'.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

If they're leaguemates, they're not gonna tell you that you have a good team, especially if they think you're a newb.

But you do have a good team.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

hopefully they are in your league cause i think your 12 team league team is better than my 10 team one. but Mendenhall for Fitz really would go a long way towards giving you the RB security you might need. Mendenhall's gonna have a great season.

Comment

I hope you guys are right. And the two friends are not in this league, but they still would have no problem being overly harsh.

I haven't heard back from the Mendenhall guy. The defending champ (and guy who took WAY too long for every pick...yes it was not thru the website, in fact I was the sole owner with a laptop!) took 3 RBs (S Jackson, Bradshaw, F Jones) in addition to keeper McFadden so I might try to work something out with him. Although I was warned by everyone else that he's one of those who will only make trades that are clearly in his favor. He was really 'upset' (and a drama-queen) when I snaked Manningham so I'm thinking he'd give one of them up for him.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Mendenhall for Fitz and a bunch of throw in's is really in your favor. trust me Mendenhall is someone thats gonna have a great season. it's a good trade thats in your favor. i'd take it since Mendenhall is burning a hole in his pocket. it's a good situation for you. take it before he trades him to someone else. that trade is fine. it completes your team.

Comment

Guys like your defending champ are why my in-person leagues have a time limit for picks.

Comment

I know this should be posted in the GM forum but I'd rather get feedback from ppl who have a decent idea of my team.

I give up Mike Wallace & Kendall Hunter for LeSean McCoy & Denarius Moore. This seems like a good trade for me since my RBs are so weak but just wanted to get some other opinions. The other owner hasn't proposed it yet, but he sounded very willing when we discussed it tonight. The only doubt in my mind is that traded players can't be kept, so I'd possibly be losing out on a great keeper if Hunter's a jackpot.

The commish hasn't replied yet but probably the best offer I'd get would be Manningham for F Jones. The Mendenhall owner is MIA.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Everything I have read about Denarius Moore is positive. Had a great camp and is a solid sleeper. I like the trade for you.

Comment

That deal works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I know this should be posted in the GM forum but I'd rather get feedback from ppl who have a decent idea of my team.

I give up Mike Wallace & Kendall Hunter for LeSean McCoy & Denarius Moore. This seems like a good trade for me since my RBs are so weak but just wanted to get some other opinions. The other owner hasn't proposed it yet, but he sounded very willing when we discussed it tonight. The only doubt in my mind is that traded players can't be kept, so I'd possibly be losing out on a great keeper if Hunter's a jackpot.

The commish hasn't replied yet but probably the best offer I'd get would be Manningham for F Jones. The Mendenhall owner is MIA.
                          What's that old saying about ifs and buts? Look as it stands I don't think this team can win. You have one RB that should be starting in this format (Best) and a lot of mid-ceiling, low floor guys. This means all of your RB are playing way above their slots (Best isn't an RB1 but he is on your team, Hightower isn't an RB2 but he is on your team). The bright side is you have four WR that should be starting in this format and you can't start all of them (Fitz, Wallace, Johnson and Manningham). Johnson was a steal that late unless I'm confused and you're not talking Steve Johnson from Buffalo. This deal evens the tables for you. McCoy IS an RB1 and it shifts Best to RB2 and Hightower to the bench where they belong. Meanwhile you still have Fitz as WR1 and Manningham/Johnson are both WR2 filling that slot and the flex. It sounds crazy to say that this one deal make such a difference but it's moving a high impact player from your bench into your lineup at the expense of a headache and potential anchor. I do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Yea, I proposed it, just waiting for him to hopefully accept.

The Mendenhall owner also proposed a trade, albeit an offensive one.

B Wells/Ochocinco for Fitzgerald/Hightower
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

cedric bensons week 14,15,16 games are vs HOU, @STL,ARI. might be worth something if the price is low.

Comment

Don't play fantasy FB, but if it matters who the Redskins' starting QB is, a tweet:

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X