RJ Pay for Play - Draft Discussion Thread 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
    The good news is that it probably isn't going to make any difference. I hate losing because of a bad lineup decision. The bad news is that once again this year, you made the playoffs and won't be playing in the Championship Game. You're like the Buffalo Bills of the RJ Pay for Play league.
    If I had not been sick and throwing up all day, watching the games and the scores would have done the trick. 2 years in a row as the top seed without making the finals. 3 or 4 years in a row now of making the semis and losing, oh the pain. Good luck everyone, I am sure my guys will show up and play great now that we are in the 3rd place game...again.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
      If I had not been sick and throwing up all day, watching the games and the scores would have done the trick. 2 years in a row as the top seed without making the finals. 3 or 4 years in a row now of making the semis and losing, oh the pain. Good luck everyone, I am sure my guys will show up and play great now that we are in the 3rd place game...again.
      Hope you're feeling better soon, Keith.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
        Hope you're feeling better soon, Keith.
        Yeah I am ok now, back to eating food. I will have a hard time getting back here again next year with really just one keeper. I just can't believe I keep doing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Good to see that David Grey carried on my team's proud tradition of kicking ass in the regular season and getting eliminated in the playoffs. I probably should have warned him that that's how my team rolls before he took it on.

Sorry, bro. Fantasy football is 99% luck. What can you do?
          A single game is a lot of luck. A whole season usually gets the better teams in the playoffs. For example in my other league I outscored the 4th place team by over 300 points in the regular season, but lost by 17 points yesterday when the seahawks D got him 30 points. Oh well, I went 1 for 3 in my semifinal games and my worst team is the one that won.

Comment

Good to see that David Grey carried on my team's proud tradition of kicking ass in the regular season and getting eliminated in the playoffs. I probably should have warned him that that's how my team rolls before he took it on.

Luck? It's all about consistency.....let me tell ya!

Comment

A single game is a lot of luck. A whole season usually gets the better teams in the playoffs. For example in my other league I outscored the 4th place team by over 300 points in the regular season, but lost by 17 points yesterday when the seahawks D got him 30 points. Oh well, I went 1 for 3 in my semifinal games and my worst team is the one that won.
              You're right...I made the playoffs in 8 out of my 10 leagues....and only this league and one other did I make the finals.

In one league, I was 11-2 in the regular season and outscored everyone by over 200 pts.

This week I lost 224-140.

Normally, 140 points would win a game...

Throw in the fact, that I played against CJ Spiller and Reggie Bush in two games and Brent Celek in 4 games...yeah, I felt a little irritated this weekend.

Comment

What? No love for the other Raiders fan here????

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                  You're right...I made the playoffs in 8 out of my 10 leagues....and only this league and one other did I make the finals.

In one league, I was 11-2 in the regular season and outscored everyone by over 200 pts.

This week I lost 224-140.

Normally, 140 points would win a game...

Throw in the fact, that I played against CJ Spiller and Reggie Bush in two games and Brent Celek in 4 games...yeah, I felt a little irritated this weekend.
                  Yeah in that league where I lost by 17 I left CJ Spiller on my bench, but hard to play him over Felix Jones, Ray Rice or V=Jax in the flex spot. Hopefully my bad team that has been without J. Charles all year wins with a lot of luck.

Comment

• Congrats to Gris for his Championship, hail the Champ!!

Also, congrats to all the other playoff teams. phantaciephreak gets 2nd place for the second year in a row. frae finished in his usual 3rd place spot. davidgrey guided eldiablo's team to a 4th place finish.

I double check all the keeper values on the CBS Sportsline website, everything should be in order for next year. I turned transactions off by saying "Restrict Owners from doing add/drops." Pete or Ed can turn this back on if they would like, I wasn't sure if waivers would continue to run during the off season or not.

Thanks again to everyone in the RJ Pay for Play league, I've really enjoyed my time with you fine gents. Enjoy the fantasy football off season, NFL playoffs and the new year.
                    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                    TE: Olsen (NA)
                    K: Lutz (7)
                    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Congratulations Gris, really nice win and season.

Jason, thanks for all your work these last few years.

Comment

• Congrats Gris. One of these years I will figure out how to do better in week 15.

Thanks Jason for running the league!

On the bright side I didn't trade any picks, when does next year start?

Comment

• Thanks guys! My team was very "consistent" this season and let's be honest, could I ask for anything more?

Thanks to Jason for his hard work!

Happy New Year to everyone and I look forward to next year as well.

Comment

• Congrats Gris... I bet Cockcroft didn't win anything as prestigious as the RJPay for Play league!

Thank you Jason, for all your excellent work as commish!
                            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Hey, just curious did we settle on moving to 3 keepers or not? I can't remember if we changed that. Thanks.

Comment

Hey, just curious did we settle on moving to 3 keepers or not? I can't remember if we changed that. Thanks.
                                Yep, 3 keepers.

Comment

Working...
                                X