X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaDogStat

QB: Brady/Sanchez - Brady is Top 5.
    RB: Charles/Blount/S. Jax - Arguably best trio of RBs in our league
    WR: Holmes/S. Smith (CAR)/Evans - Taking S. Jax in Round 1 hurt the WRs. Holmes is a borderline WR1 but Smith & Evans would be better as 3rd WRs.
    TE: Daniels - I like Daniels to have a big season.
    K/DEF: Gostkowski/Phily - Strong choices at both positions.

This is a playoff team and if Mike can get projection out of the WR position, they should contend for the title.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• ICL

QB Rodgers/Kolb fantasticd
      RB Foster/Wells very good combo
      WR/TE Harvin/Jennings/Boldin/V Davis terrific
      Bench Love having Sid Rice as the WR4. Tate and Thomas both have upside

If this team doesnt make the playoffs its because Keith is a maroon.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• If I had to make a prediction based strictly off of the draft. My playoff teams would be:

Hammer
        SeaDogStat
        frae
        Trautdiggity
        me

Too close to call for that last playoff spot.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Schles

QB: Romo - the last of the top threats, if healthy he's big, and I think he stays healthy
          RB: Peterson, D Willy, FreeJack - I think I'm higher on D Willy than a lot so I like this group but I am concerned about Jackson's role and the health of the other two.
          WR: Colston, VJax - Very strong top two
          TE: Gronkowski (hernandez on bench) - I'm very leery of Gronk. His entire value lies in scoring TDs, that's never guaranteed. His lack of receptions will hurt.

I think your big weakness is your bench. You picked a lot of lottery tickets (green, moore, little, roberts) I'm guessing in the hopes they breakout and provide keeper value but that's a big gamble and if you experience injuries (highly likely with Romo, Colston, Peterson and Williams) you will be in trouble. If this squad remains healthy and Jackson stays the lead back in Buffalo you'll be competing for the playoffs, if you see one or two injuries you'll be praying for a breakout to bring you keeper value for next year.

Comment

• Piney Boy

QB: Schaub - Start of the next tier and a solid starter
            RB: CJ2K, Jacobs, Grant - Lacking a true RB2, also with Pierre Thomas on the bench you have one guy second in a timeshare (Jacobs) and two guys poised to lose carries quickly.
            WR: Bowe, Ochocinco - No true WR1 and I think Moore ends up your second WR though neither he nor Ocho is a true WR2
            TE: Winslow - ok

Overall I think this team struggles. Your WR will let you down and your RB stand to falter as the season goes on.

Comment

• Madtown Monsters

QB: Brees - not much to say, top-4 option
              RB: Mendy, Turner - The only thing not to like is that they are PPR non-factors Regardless they are a rock solid tandem
              WR: Calvin, Austin, Maclin - Maybe my favorite receiving trio in the league. Maclin may take a few weeks but he will be the Iggles top threat shortly
              TE: Finley - You either got one of the top five or you didnt... you did

Bench - Great mix of solid protection (Flacco, Tolbert, Stewart) and upside (Plax, Sanders/Brown)

Definite playoff contender and a team built to survive the season's ups and downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                Piney Boy

QB: Schaub - Start of the next tier and a solid starter
                RB: CJ2K, Jacobs, Grant - Lacking a true RB2, also with Pierre Thomas on the bench you have one guy second in a timeshare (Jacobs) and two guys poised to lose carries quickly.
                WR: Bowe, Ochocinco - No true WR1 and I think Moore ends up your second WR though neither he nor Ocho is a true WR2
                TE: Winslow - ok

Overall I think this team struggles. Your WR will let you down and your RB stand to falter as the season goes on.
                I agree. Made two mistakes in the draft. 1 - Not taking Turner in the 2nd rd when I wanted a top WR since I knew Bowe would not make it back to me. 2 - Holding off one more rd on Maclin. On both Jason took both of them. He is still cleaning up after me. WR2 will be a question mark for the first couple of weeks.

The dispersal draft definitely left us with no really good bargains. Going to take a couple of years to get this team back to contention.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                  I agree. Made two mistakes in the draft. 1 - Not taking Turner in the 2nd rd when I wanted a top WR since I knew Bowe would not make it back to me. 2 - Holding off one more rd on Maclin. On both Jason took both of them. He is still cleaning up after me. WR2 will be a question mark for the first couple of weeks.

The dispersal draft definitely left us with no really good bargains. Going to take a couple of years to get this team back to contention.

with the waiver guys being 8th round keepers and this group of active traders, if you end up dumping, youll be in contention next season unless you did a bad job of dumping.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Schles

QB: Romo - the last of the top threats, if healthy he's big, and I think he stays healthy
                    RB: Peterson, D Willy, FreeJack - I think I'm higher on D Willy than a lot so I like this group but I am concerned about Jackson's role and the health of the other two.
                    TE: Gronkowski (hernandez on bench) - I'm very leery of Gronk. His entire value lies in scoring TDs, that's never guaranteed. His lack of receptions will hurt.

I think your big weakness is your bench. You picked a lot of lottery tickets (green, moore, little, roberts) I'm guessing in the hopes they breakout and provide keeper value but that's a big gamble and if you experience injuries (highly likely with Romo, Colston, Peterson and Williams) you will be in trouble. If this squad remains healthy and Jackson stays the lead back in Buffalo you'll be competing for the playoffs, if you see one or two injuries you'll be praying for a breakout to bring you keeper value for next year.
                    Agree with this, between keepers and picks I traded away I did not have many middle rounds picks to fill up on safer backups so I went high upside toward the end to hit a HR or keeper. I had 4 picks in end of the 14th and 15 round.

If I am in contention I hope to move one to grab a playoff spot. As we all know anything can happen there.

Comment

Schles

Agree with this, between keepers and picks I traded away I did not have many middle rounds picks to fill up on safer backups so I went high upside toward the end to hit a HR or keeper. I had 4 picks in end of the 14th and 15 round. I already lost a HR when Gore signed the 3 year contract.

If I am in contention I hope to move one to grab a playoff spot. As we all know anything can happen there.

Comment

• 2 questions that I'm sure I could answer by reading the rules.

1) When does Free Agency begin?
                        2) If you pick up a Free Agent, what is is keeper round for the following year should you catch Lightning in a Bottle?

Edit - I just read Hammer's post and found the answer to #2. 8th Rounders.
                        Edit Again - I just saw on the site that people are already picking up players so I'd guess it's already begun.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          ICL

QB Rodgers/Kolb fantasticd
                          RB Foster/Wells very good combo
                          WR/TE Harvin/Jennings/Boldin/V Davis terrific
                          Bench Love having Sid Rice as the WR4. Tate and Thomas both have upside

If this team doesnt make the playoffs its because Keith is a maroon.
                          No pressure there If Arian Foster is right for the majority of the year I do like my team quite a bit. I do love my WR's and QB's. I had the choice of Vernon Davis and Jermichael Finley, but went with Davis since I already had Jennings and Rodgers. I am not sure how to read Wells yet, but I hope he can be like he was at the end of 09.

Comment

• Has anyone not had a review yet? If there is anyone let me know and I will try to do that tonight. Otherwise I'll make some playoff picks this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              Has anyone not had a review yet? If there is anyone let me know and I will try to do that tonight. Otherwise I'll make some playoff picks this weekend.
                              I didn't see one for my squad. I figure the Playas are good for 6 wins this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                Has anyone not had a review yet? If there is anyone let me know and I will try to do that tonight. Otherwise I'll make some playoff picks this weekend.
                                I figured my team was so good, there was no need for a review.

:mistert:

Comment

Working...
                                X