Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Kenyan Drake to the Raiders
    Well, at least they found a way to tank Jacobs' value for the upcoming year. I mean, a two year $11M deal for an injured backup to a pretty decent starter --- what could go wrong? Kenyan Drake is now being paid like a top-15 running back. Jesus.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Well, at least they found a way to tank Jacobs' value for the upcoming year. I mean, a two year $11M deal for an injured backup to a pretty decent starter --- what could go wrong? Kenyan Drake is now being paid like a top-15 running back. Jesus.
      Isn't that about what he is?

13th in rushing yards in 2020, 15th in scrimmage yards
      2019 was a little worse, but he was around RB20.

Being paid like RB15 seems fair, especially considering how poorly RBs are paid relative to the rest of the league (for good reason, granted)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Isn't that about what he is?

13th in rushing yards in 2020, 15th in scrimmage yards
        2019 was a little worse, but he was around RB20.

Being paid like RB15 seems fair, especially considering how poorly RBs are paid relative to the rest of the league (for good reason, granted)
        He'll be a backup on a cash poor team that just jettisoned their entire offensive line. It's hard to even imagine an area of lesser need --- maybe a backup kicker? Great deal for him, terrible deal for the Raiders. It's like paying $11.5 million for a backup QB. Oh wait, they fucking did that, too. This Drake deal is easily - EASILY - the worst of this offseason. I'm sure they have something even stupider in the works, though.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

More eloquently put by The Athletic:

The Raiders are signing running back Kenyan Drake to a two-year, $11 million deal, according to The Athletic’s Vic Tafur.

The Cardinals used the transition tag on Drake last offseason, which meant a one-year deal worth $8.5 million. He was not as effective as he’d been in 2019. Drake averaged 4 yards per carry on 239 attempts, and the advanced stats were not kind to him. Drake had just 137 receiving yards, but that was probably more a function of the Cardinals’ offense than his skill set. In 2018, Drake showed strong receiving chops with 53 catches for 477 yards.

The Raiders traded center Rodney Hudson and right guard Gabe Jackson in part so that they could free up money to use on other areas of the roster. But using it on a second running back is unwise. The Raiders used a first-round pick on Josh Jacobs in 2019, and he’s done a fine job as their lead back. Building depth is one thing, but that doesn’t mean spending $5.5 million per year on a complementary back. Drake is now being paid like a top-15 back.

Meanwhile, the Raiders have big holes to fill on a defense that ranked 28th in efficiency last season. Whether the Raiders actually have a plan remains to be seen, but either way, this is a reckless use of resources.

Grade: F

Comment

He'll be a backup on a cash poor team that just jettisoned their entire offensive line. It's hard to even imagine an area of lesser need --- maybe a backup kicker? Great deal for him, terrible deal for the Raiders. It's like paying $11.5 million for a backup QB. Oh wait, they fucking did that, too. This Drake deal is easily - EASILY - the worst of this offseason. I'm sure they have something even stupider in the works, though.
            Ah, whether the Raiders should have given that out is not something I've looked at. The price itself makes sense for him though, team agnostic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Ah, whether the Raiders should have given that out is not something I've looked at. The price itself makes sense for him though, team agnostic.
              I think no one should have given that money to a declining Kenyan Drake, least of all the Raiders. Definitely happy to be proven wrong, I guess, but god what a trainwreck.

Comment

It could be worse. Your team could have signed Mike Glennon, Devontae Booker, John Ross and Kyle Rudolph with the money.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  It could be worse. Your team could have signed Mike Glennon, Devontae Booker, John Ross and Kyle Rudolph with the money.
                  Signed all of them with the money from the Drake deal? Done!

Comment

Signed all of them with the money from the Drake deal? Done!
                    Nah, Rudolph alone was more

Comment

Steelers re-sign WR JuJu Smith-Schuster for 1 year/$8 million.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

how bad is Bill Belichick's draft history? last year when I was catching up for the draft I went to walterfootball and they had rankings. the worst grade was an O'Brien hehe. but since Belichick's dog was sitting in front of the computer there was an additional worst grade called Bill Belichick's dog.

it's like Belichick is purposely making bad draft picks so he'll need to sign diamond in the rough undrafted players like Malcolm Butler to look like a genius then bench him in a superbowl and frigging lose to Nick Foles!!

he drafted 2 TE's in the 3rd last year, and while I know TE's take a long time to develop, i'm not even sure if either played a snap last year. and now they sign all these TE's. ..move up in the draft and get Adam Trautman! because that guy looks good. Adam Trautman looks like a future Gronk.

as a pats fan I am really rooting against Belichick. Tom Brady did so much for this franchise. it also helps when you were getting to play the Bills, Dolphins and Jets two times a year.

Comment

Giants team doctors believe TE Kyle Rudolph will need foot surgery, which means his 2 year/$14 million contract may have to be re-worked.

Eagles sign QB Joe Flacco for 1 year/$3.5 million.

Raiders QB Marcus Mariota has agreed to a pay cut from $10.625 million to $3.5 million + incentives for $4.5 million.

Steelers release starting CB Steven Nelson to free up $8.25 million in cap space.
                          Last edited by madducks; 03-24-2021, 09:19 AM.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Giants team doctors believe TE Kyle Rudolph will need foot surgery, which means his 2 year/$14 million contract may have to be re-worked.
                            Now they're saying they knew he would need surgery when they signed him, so whoever leaked the news that they would try to rework it didn't have the right info.

Comment

Tevin Coleman to the Jets
                              TY Hilton back to the Colts

Comment

first big trades of the NFL Draft:

49ers acquired the No. 3 overall pick in the 2021 draft from the Dolphins in exchange for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick, and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023

Dolphins acquired the #6 & the #156 picks in the 2021 draft from the Eagles for the #12, #123 and a 2022 1st rounder

Comment

Working...
                                X