10-team big roster league results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-team big roster league results

I doubt this is at all representative of any leagues anyone else is in, but if it's interesting to anyone -

10 team full PPR, 2 QB 3 WR 2 RB TE 2 FLEX K DEF, 8 bench. Passing TDs are 6 points. In previous years I have gone with getting a bunch of mediocre QBs and trying to play matchups, but this year I decided that I don't pay enough attention to make that really workable and psychologically it really annoys me when I pick wrong, so I probably made some suboptimal picks trying to make sure I had as many guys that would be every-week lock starters as possible. (Also I really like Chris Hogan.)

Picking 9th, but we reverse after round 2 so I had 9, 12, 22, 39, 42, etc.

QB: Brady, Watson, Winston, Darnold
    RB: David Johnson, Royce Freeman, Derrick Henry, Rashaad Penny, Aaron Jones, Corey Clement
    WR: Thielen, Hogan, Allen Robinson, Woods, Meredith, Anthony Miller, Rishard Matthews
    TE: Kelce
    DEF: Jacksonville
    K: Boswell

I barely missed out on the last run of RBs I was interested in (the Mixon/Howard area) so I ended up with a bunch of guys in committees that I think have a decent chance of taking over. And Brady/Watson/Johnson/Thielen/Hogan/Kelce/JAX are all set-and-forget.

Other notes: Between work and baseball I had done zero prep for this. I planned to do some research in the couple hours I had before the draft but I had an eye doctor appt and had to get my eyes dilated so I couldn't read for about two hours afterward. I live in SF and literally learned that Jerick McKinnon is on the Niners an hour before the draft.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure I know better than those ESPN chumps and for a bunch of guys I looked at their ratings and said "they don't know what they're talking about". Interesting psychology there.
    Last edited by mjl; 08-24-2018, 11:10 AM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Looks like a fun league. WRs are pretty thin, though my view may be colored by Allen Robinson letting me down over and over and over again.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure I know better than those ESPN chumps and for a bunch of guys I looked at their ratings and said "they don't know what they're talking about".
    That's certainly true. And Gris knows like about 100 times more than those chumps do.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      I doubt this is at all representative of any leagues anyone else is in, but if it's interesting to anyone -

10 team full PPR, 2 QB 3 WR 2 RB TE 2 FLEX K DEF, 8 bench. Passing TDs are 6 points. In previous years I have gone with getting a bunch of mediocre QBs and trying to play matchups, but this year I decided that I don't pay enough attention to make that really workable and psychologically it really annoys me when I pick wrong, so I probably made some suboptimal picks trying to make sure I had as many guys that would be every-week lock starters as possible. (Also I really like Chris Hogan.)

Picking 9th, but we reverse after round 2 so I had 9, 12, 22, 39, 42, etc.

QB: Brady, Watson, Winston, Darnold
      RB: David Johnson, Royce Freeman, Derrick Henry, Rashaad Penny, Aaron Jones, Corey Clement
      WR: Thielen, Hogan, Allen Robinson, Woods, Meredith, Anthony Miller, Rishard Matthews
      TE: Kelce
      DEF: Jacksonville
      K: Boswell

I barely missed out on the last run of RBs I was interested in (the Mixon/Howard area) so I ended up with a bunch of guys in committees that I think have a decent chance of taking over. And Brady/Watson/Johnson/Thielen/Hogan/Kelce/JAX are all set-and-forget.

Other notes: Between work and baseball I had done zero prep for this. I planned to do some research in the couple hours I had before the draft but I had an eye doctor appt and had to get my eyes dilated so I couldn't read for about two hours afterward. I live in SF and literally learned that Jerick McKinnon is on the Niners an hour before the draft.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure I know better than those ESPN chumps and for a bunch of guys I looked at their ratings and said "they don't know what they're talking about". Interesting psychology there.
      If Robinson's healthy, your WR's look better. You may need to trade a Winston/Darnold down the line to upgrade at receiver (or RB if the committee backs don't shake out). Otherwise, real good QB, TE, RB1, DEF and K.

Comment

yeah, conveniently I was able to get Winston much later than usual because of the suspension. If he looks good on his return I should be able to flip him for something.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Agreed. Robinson looks a lot better as WR depth.

I like the Corey Clement pick. Nice dice roll.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
          X