14 team redraft tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 team redraft tonight

My first real draft is tonight. 14 team PPR. I drew the 12th slot in the draft and after mocking that quite a few times I am pretty convinced I need to take a RB with my first pick. So generally speaking I don't expect Gordon or Fournette to be there. The top 5 won't be there either. Brown will definitely be gone. So what does that likely leave me...

Barkley
    Hunt
    Cook
    Hopkins
    Cook
    McCaffery

It is a Pittsburgh based draft so Barkley is probably out too. I don't think I'll take Hopkins with the 12 pick if he is there. For me I need a RB because after C-Mac/Cook the cliff is too much and at 17 I can get one of ODB/Julio/Allen/Thomas.

Any strong opinions on how you would order Hunt/Cook/C-Mac? Or any opinions on my logic? Thanks. I will say at 17 if I can get a 2nd RB from my list above I think that is the play. WR is much deeper with options. Would you consider Gronk at 17? Thanks.

I would be looking/hoping for Hunt or Fournette. I am staying away from Cook due to Murrays presence and the Vikings easing of Cook in possibly leading to a full blown timeshare. McCaffrey has a real vulture in CJ Anderson and Hopkins is meh to me.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I know Murray is there, but even with a 60/40 his ball catching skill will push Cook into the top 10 I'd gues. Honestly I might take C-Mac over Cook and just take a shot. He has a stable floor with the ball catching and if he just gets half of the goal to go carries between him and Cj, not accounting for Cam, he could be huge. I also like that he has no health concerns yet.

Comment

I'd probably rank them Hunt / Cook / C-Mac but all should provide pretty similar value I think. I would take Gordon or Fournette if one of them fell though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I'd probably rank them Hunt / Cook / C-Mac but all should provide pretty similar value I think. I would take Gordon or Fournette if one of them fell though.
          Agreed if Leonard or Melvin fall I will take them in a heartbeat. I agree with you and have Hunt 1st of that next group. I will have a hard choice if it is Cook/C-Mac, but having seen what is left if I don't get one of these RB's in a 14 team league I am pretty committed to taking one here.

Comment

Barkley shouldn't be there at 12. I would expect Gordon to be there.

I would go, if there:

Hunt
            Fournette
            Gordon

If those three are gone, go with a WR and grab a RB at 17.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Barkley shouldn't be there at 12. I would expect Gordon to be there.

I would go, if there:

Hunt
              Fournette
              Gordon

If those three are gone, go with a WR and grab a RB at 17.
              I like Hunt as well.

Comment

Fournette and Gordon were there at 12 and I took Fournette. Coming back around it was Allen or C-Mac and I took C-Mac. Anyway here is what I wound up with..

QB: Jared Goff, Patrick Mahomes II
                RB: Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey, Carlos Hyde, James White, Corey Clement, T.J. Yeldon
                WR: Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills, Cooper Kupp, Kenny Golladay
                TE: Jack Doyle
                PK: Graham Gano
                TD: Kansas City Chiefs

Comment

I'm in a 14-teamer and realize how tough it is compared to a 12-teamer. Your team isn't bad, but in hindsight, I would have gone with Allen over McCaffrey. Where did you take Thomas? He's trending straight down.

Comment

I think the RB cliff is harder to climb out of. It would have been Alex Collins or Kenyan Drake in rd 3. Now I will admit I was hoping for Baldwin Hilton or Diggs who went 3 of the 4 picks in front of me. I don't love Thomas but he and Cooks were the top WR's and I hate how Cooks plays in a weekly league. We will see though if Thomas is pure trash I can see how Allen and Collins would have worked better. I just have a fantasy football crush on McCaffery's upside.

Comment

Not a fan of this squad. Lower end QBs and TE as well as mediocre WR at best. Very strong at RB but i doubt that overshadows the shortcomings. Good luck tho.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Maybe I am wrong, but getting a TE in a 14 team league takes too much capital for me. Gronk went at the end of round 1 and Kelce and Ertz went late in round 2. Engram, Olsen, and Graham in round 5. Burton Rudolph and Kittle in round 6. In round 7 Reed and Walker went in front of me and I got Doyle.

I took the upside of Mahomes and belief that Andy Reid and Mahomes ability to run some could be big. Goff I think will be solid. 8 QB's were taken in round 6 or earlier. I let everyone pick a QB and took Mahomes in round 10 and goff in round 11.

I never come out of a 14 team draft thrilled. I like Fournette and C-Mac and admit the rest is questionable but the next player was the 40th pick so 40 and below isn't that exciting. I'll start my 3 RB's with Hyde at flex and see if I can get 2 solid WR's out of the bunch. No idea what I will get from Doyle, but hopefully Luck uses him a lot.

Comment

Tight ends are tight ends...they really won't win you anything unless you get a season for the ages out of one. So Doyle is as good as anyone else if you got value where you might have taken a TE higher.

Curious as to why revo thinks that Thomas is trending down...I haven't seen that anywhere. He looks to be 90/1000/7 TD's with a much better QB situation than last year.

I would have taken Allen as well...top 5 WR potential there.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Tight ends are tight ends...they really won't win you anything unless you get a season for the ages out of one. So Doyle is as good as anyone else if you got value where you might have taken a TE higher.

Curious as to why revo thinks that Thomas is trending down...I haven't seen that anywhere. He looks to be 90/1000/7 TD's with a much better QB situation than last year.

I would have taken Allen as well...top 5 WR potential there.
                            His career is a bell curve.

31 years old. They drafted a stud in Courtland Sutton. Keenum isn’t a 4,000 yd passer. So many reasons why. He’s an 850-900 yd receiver this year.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              His career is a bell curve.

31 years old. They drafted a stud in Courtland Sutton. Keenum isn’t a 4,000 yd passer. So many reasons why. He’s an 850-900 yd receiver this year.
                              I don't buy it...he was damn near a thousand yard receiver last year with QB's who MIGHT be slightly better than my 63 year old ass. I think that Keenum is better than people give him credit for, and Thomas bounces back. I'll happily take value if people let him drop...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X