Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOF Weekend

Hey all,

Next week is HOF weekend already....man, time is flying this summer!

I'm driving Brian Dawkins this year.

As always looking forward to it....especially with the TO debacle!

Hey, just my "real" fantasy!

Gris

Awesome! Please give us a rundown after the events!

Comment

DAWK! He's an amazing person from everything I've heard.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Met him with my son in Atlantic City a few years back. Very gracious. Enjoy it.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Met him with my son in Atlantic City a few years back. Very gracious. Enjoy it.
          Sweet! That's very cool!

Comment

I have been fortunate enough to meet griswold - as you guys would be able to guess, he's a natural at this gig!
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Wow! Brian Dawkins just became my favorite HOFer in my 29 years of driving in just 6 hours!

So, humble...appreciative....a man of Faith, but willing to share it and listen to your stories with a pat on the shoulder.

He's what I expected out of Kurt Warner last year and didn't get.

Can't wait for the rest of the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                Wow! Brian Dawkins just became my favorite HOFer in my 29 years of driving in just 6 hours!

So, humble...appreciative....a man of Faith, but willing to share it and listen to your stories with a pat on the shoulder.

He's what I expected out of Kurt Warner last year and didn't get.

Can't wait for the rest of the weekend.
                Glad you enjoyed it.

What was Warner like that put you off?
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Brian really shares his faith openly and we have already shared stories with each other.

Kurt never really shared his faith like that with me and when I tried to talk about it, he kinda seem disinterested...

Comment

Brian Dawkins' sideline interview during last night's game was great. He really came off like a genuine guy (as you describe above).

Comment

Hey, Gris, I see you got a call out from Dawk! I mean he said that he didn’t get to the Hall of Fame by himself, so he had to be talking about the guy who drive him there, right?

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                        Brian Dawkins' sideline interview during last night's game was great. He really came off like a genuine guy (as you describe above).
                        Yeah, that's a perfect description of him.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Hey, Gris, I see you got a call out from Dawk! I mean he said that he didn’t get to the Hall of Fame by himself, so he had to be talking about the guy who drive him there, right?

Exactly! I picked that up right away!

Comment

Sadly though....Brian's mother (right after enshrinement was over and she got back to the hotel) had a stroke and has been in the hospital since Sat night at 11:30 pm.

I was there until 3:30 am and then took Brian and his wife back to the hotel.

She's getting better, but he said it will be a few more days until they release her.

He spent all day there yesterday and did not attend the GameDay Roundtable.

So, please keep BDawk's mom and his family in your prayers.

Comment

Working...
                            X