Official 2018 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    The Colts just stuck a dagger in the Bears hearts. I may have to cheer for them this year.
    It came as no surprise to me. I was really a bit confused when local sports radio shows kept saying Nelson to the Bears. Everything would have to fall in place for Nelson to the Bears.

Roquan Smith is not a bad consolation prize. With the Bears history of great linebackers this winner of the Butkus Award will fit right in.

Mr.Rodgers meet Mr.Smith.

Comment

Payne to Washington. You always nic to see the 'splashy' names like QB or RB picked but a lineman is a good pick for them. Maybe teams will only rush for 110 per game next year.

Comment

go Patriots.

=|
        I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

I got to go to the 1st round of the draft this year. It was a blast - neat experience

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I got to go to the 1st round of the draft this year. It was a blast - neat experience
            It must have been awesome there. I went to the 1998(?) draft when it was held at the Paramount (which is under MSG) in NYC. A lot of fun.

Comment

Indeed. Definitely on the sports-bucket-list.

From what I could tell ESPN had a cheer track that they were playing at times. Every time Goodell came near the front of the stage to announce a pick the boos were deafening in the stadium, but when I listed to the radio which had the ESPN feed (seat came with a small radio) it was almost all cheers. Very odd to me that they would pipe in fake cheering.

Comment

Jason Witten retires this afternoon

Eagles move up in the second round - ONE PICK ahead of the Cowboys - and draft a..... tight end whose first name is..... Dallas

pick announced by ex-Eagles K David Akers, who has a little fun with the audience on Dallas and then notes, "the last time the Cowboys won the Super Bowl, these drafted players weren't even born yet!"

#pwned
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

ESPN did a great job with the draft IMO. Gave good color on every player drafted, Trey Wingo did a great job, the info-graphics were fun, and they finally didn’t ruin things with their draftniks scooping the picks by seconds.

Comment

I watched NFL Network and they were good - although even in the 3rd round, they sometimes struggled to find a flaw and they loved too many picks. but a good sense of where the team would likely go, and ready with info no matter the pick.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

classy move by the Bills to call up one of their longtime fans to call up one of the picks. Great move.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Very nice.

TV said there was over 100,000 in attendance. That is one big event! Glad you had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          It came as no surprise to me. I was really a bit confused when local sports radio shows kept saying Nelson to the Bears. Everything would have to fall in place for Nelson to the Bears.

Roquan Smith is not a bad consolation prize. With the Bears history of great linebackers this winner of the Butkus Award will fit right in.

Mr.Rodgers meet Mr.Smith.
                          I think the Bears had one of their better drafts in years.

Football is becoming fun in Chicago again.

Comment

Alabama's entire starting 11 defense from 2016 has now been drafted (but 4 of them by the Redskins, so it may not be justified)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Sweet! Hope to get to one some day!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Jason Witten retires this afternoon

Eagles move up in the second round - ONE PICK ahead of the Cowboys - and draft a..... tight end whose first name is..... Dallas
                                If the Eagles had been paying attention they would have noticed that Dallas had their OL coach in the war room and not their TE coach. They wanted Connor Williams there and the Eagles trading up to get a TE in the 2nd round actually helped them.
                                If the Cowboys had picked a TE in the 2nd round there might have been a riot, they have a bad habit of picking mediocre to bad TEs too high (Fasano and Gavin Escobar are recent examples in the 2nd round).

Dallas (both the front office and the fans) were very relieved that the Eagles made that move.

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                pick announced by ex-Eagles K David Akers, who has a little fun with the audience on Dallas and then notes, "the last time the Cowboys won the Super Bowl, these drafted players weren't even born yet!"

#pwned
                                Far from "pwned", it was actually a weak attempt to counter the hilarious job that Drew Pearson did last year in Philly.

Not sure anyone took the kicker seriously. Finally win a superbowl and the best representative that the Eagles could send was a kicker? I think Dallas felt just fine with their 5 superbowl trophies to Philly's lonely 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X