Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliott Suspended 6 Games

Damn, that kills his value this year

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets reduced down to 4 games or so but agree that it hurts his value. I think I'd still take him as early as the 3rd round, if not earlier, knowing he could be a playoff difference maker.

Comment

Oof?

Anyone else have a hard time with the NFL dishing out this punishment even though he hasn't been convicted (or charged) with anything?

Also, then, why isn't Mixon slapped with a similar punishment...and that one is on tape?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
        Oof?

Anyone else have a hard time with the NFL dishing out this punishment even though he hasn't been convicted (or charged) with anything?

Also, then, why isn't Mixon slapped with a similar punishment...and that one is on tape?!?!
        There's not much rhyme or reason to what the NFL does, but I'll try to guess.

The NFL usually waits for the court process to play out before determining punishment for off-the-field conduct, but not always. In this case, there may not be a court process if the victim didn't press charges or cooperate with police. They have suspended people plenty of times for conduct that did not result in a conviction or guilty plea.

Mixon's incident happened long before he was in the NFL. I don't believe that was the case with Elliott, and I don't believe the NFL suspends people for conduct that happened before they join the league.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if it gets reduced down to 4 games or so but agree that it hurts his value. I think I'd still take him as early as the 3rd round, if not earlier, knowing he could be a playoff difference maker.
          I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 2nd in some leagues, especially non-PPR redrafts. The timetable of the appeals process will also be a factor.

What it does mean is that in redrafts, the top 2 are the prime spots, not the top 3. (Antonio Brown is nice and all, but having a dominant RB in a league with so few of them is a huge advantage.)
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

And now a Texas court has issued an injunction, likely discarding the suspension for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              And now a Texas court has issued an injunction, likely discarding the suspension for the foreseeable future.
              Define "foreseeable future"...plenty of appeals and other courts yet to weigh in on this issue. But it looks like those who drafted Elliot in the early picks will be rewarded in at least the short term.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Define "foreseeable future"...plenty of appeals and other courts yet to weigh in on this issue. But it looks like those who drafted Elliot in the early picks will be rewarded in at least the short term.
                Yes, exactly -- and the injunction prevents the suspension from being carried out until the case is settled. So you tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Yes, exactly -- and the injunction prevents the suspension from being carried out until the case is settled. So you tell me.
                  The NFL can appeal the injunction, as I understand it. They also filed some sort of a preemptive deal in NY, if memory serves me right. And lets not forget that Brady eventually LOST his case, so that's on the books as well. The lawyers here can correct on the law and appeals process...but I certainly wouldn't say that it's as cut and dried as "he plays all year", which I saw in some ESPN tweet.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X