Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17 NFL Offseason Transactions

Giants release Victor Cruz & Rashad Jennings

Miami Dolphins release former #1 overall draft pick & DE Mario Williams.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Steelers signed WR Antonio Brown to a four-year, $68 million extension through 2021.
      The extension will pay Brown $17 million annually and makes him the NFL's highest-paid wide receiver, passing A.J. Green's $15 million average. The top wideout of his generation -- and arguably the best we've seen since Randy Moss -- Brown has 100-plus catches in four straight years and double-digit TDs in three straight. Brown turns 29 in July. Because his game relies on route running and not elite athleticism, Brown should age well into his 30s.
      (Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter via Rotoworld)

The Steelers also assigned the exclusive-rights franchise tag to RB Le'Veon Bell.
      The "exclusive" tag locks Bell into a top-five running back salary ($12 million-plus) and prohibits other teams from negotiating with him. Extending Bell isn't a priority after he battled foot and knee injuries his first three years in the league, and served two short suspensions. Still only 25 years old, Bell has averaged 4.88 yards per carry and 143.1 yards from scrimmage per game over the past two seasons. He's neck and neck with David Johnson as the top running back in football, and we'd give the slight edge to Bell.
      (Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter via Rotoworld)
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson both dumped

Comment

The Jets release Darrelle Revis.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Steelers sign 39 year old linebacker James Harrison to a two-year, $3.5 million contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Niners release mega-bust Torrey Smith

Comment

Giants sign WR Brandon Marshall to a 2-year, $12m deal.

Comment

Lotsa moves today. Here are the fantasy related ones:

- Texans trade Brock Osweiler and a 2018 2nd rounder plus some other picks to Cleveland for a 2017 4th rounder
                  - Eagles sign WRs Alshon Jeffery & Torrey Smith
                  - Bucs sign WR DeSean Jackson
                  - Saints sign WR Ted Ginn
                  - 49ers sign QB Brian Hoyer, WRs Pierre Garcon and Marquis Goodwin, FB Kyle Juzsczyk
                  - Rams sign WR Robert Woods
                  - Ravens sign RB Danny Woodhead and re-sign Mike Wallace
                  - Browns sign WR Kenny Britt
                  - Bears sign QB Mike Glennon and release Jay Cutler

Comment

I assume Romo was is signing with Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                      I assume Romo is signing with Houston.
                      And i'm assuming Cleveland trades a few of their many high draft picks for Garoppolo. Just what Belichick and New England need. More first and second round picks.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I love the Osweiler deal for both teams. Plus, there's a bunch of league anonymous sources whining about it.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                          I assume Romo was is signing with Houston.
                          Dallas hasn't released him yet, so who knows.

Comment

A couple of signings from the past week.

Running back Latavius Murray signs with the Vikings for $15 million over 3 years.

Running back Knile Davis signs with the Steelers for one year.

Quarterback Mark Sanchez signs with the Bears for one year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Raiders sign QB Derek Carr to a five year $125 million extension, which makes him the highest paid player in the NFL.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X