John Lynch !?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Lynch !?!

So, just heard the Niners gave John Lynch a six-year contract as...wait for it...their

GENERAL MANAGER!!!!

I think I've reached the point where I actually feel sorry for SF fans. The franchise has turned into a clown show.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Insane.

Plus, he 'volunteered' to be GM, because apparently no one wanted the job.

Comment

I don't know his credentials other than that he was a former player and has been in the broadcast booth. While channel surfing this fall I tuned in to a NFL broadcast and watched for a while and was put off by the color announcer; he seemed to be a "homer" (it was a Falcons game) and his analysis was .... "turrable." Come to find out, it was Lynch.

He's never worked in scouting .... never worked in management. Oh my .... for his sake I hope it works for him, but it reminds me of the hiring of Matt Millen in Detroit.

Here's an article in which Lynch explains how things worked out:

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
      X