Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Game Lineup

I made my keeper league title game and have some lineup questions:

- We start 2 QBs. I have Russell Wilson & Mariota. I can possibly pick up Tom Savage (I have $5 FAAB left). If I get him, start him over the slumping Mariota?

- TE: Walker or the gimpy Reed?

- if Julio doesn't go, I have to move Diggs from my flex to WR. Then for the flex, that leaves: the other TE, Sproles, DeVante Parker, or I may be able to pick up Kenny Stills or Robby Anderson (likely won't be able to get one here if I get Savage, or vice versa). I may also be able to pick up Tim Hightower, so add him in.

Don't bench Mariota. He played two good defenses in Denver and KC. He will bounce back against Jacksonville.

Walker.

Go for Tim Hightower.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
      Don't bench Mariota. He played two good defenses in Denver and KC. He will bounce back against Jacksonville.

Walker.

Go for Tim Hightower.
      Seconded on all. If you can't get Hightower, get Anderson, as Petty will start.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Mariota, Walker & Anderson for me.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Just to be clear, this is a keeper league with salaries. So:

- I have $5 FAAB left
          - Tom Savage at $4 may become a very good keeper if he starts next year. With starting 2 QBs, they're gold in this league.
          - I can almost certainly get Hightower for $1, because he has an older $32 salary that will still apply and no contender can really fit him under the cap (I can by dumping a $32 Dwayne Washington). But, the teams that are out of it are still fighting in a consolation round for rookie draft order, so someone else could conceivably claim him.
          - Robby Anderson has been a target machine with Petty under center.
          - so with the current consensus, Savage would not start over Mariota for me, but Hightower/Anderson might if Julio sits

I'm leaning using $4 on Anderson or Savage and $1 on Hightower.

Does this change any opinion?

Anyway, thanks for the input thus far.

Comment

Go a head and make the moves. Sound logic on the keeper thoughts.

Still would rather play Hightower over Anderson.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

So my opponent (one of my closest friends) approached me about splitting the prize money ahead of the game. He certainly doesn't need the money, but he'll be away with the family at Disney and won't be watching. Still, I think I have the better team and to me, it might diminish the thrill. Winner gets $1,400, loser gets $700.

Here's our starting lineups: what do you think? We use a hi-performance scoring (1pt/5 yds rush/rec, 1.7 pts per 25 yds pass, .5 pts per completion).

My Starting Lineup
              QBs - Wilson, Mariota
              RBs- Elliott, Powell
              WRs- Julio Jones, ODB, Hilton
              TE- walker or Reed
              Flex- Diggs or Robby Anderson/Hightower
              D - SD (@CLE)

His Starting Lineup
              QBs- Luck, Rodgers
              RBs- D. Johnson, Gurley
              WRs- Hopkins, Montgomery, Wallace
              TE- Ebron
              Flex- Hyde
              D- SEA (vs ARZ)

Comment

no strong opinion on who's going to win, but you could always do a partial split.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say that it's too close to call. I kind of like the suspense though.
                  Last edited by jwlincy; 12-22-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

If he is that close then split the pot, but go for bragging rights.

Comment

I've decided against splitting the pot. I'd like the game to mean something.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I've decided against splitting the pot. I'd like the game to mean something.
                        Go for it. We won't tell the wife

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Just to be clear, this is a keeper league with salaries. So:

- I have $5 FAAB left
                          - Tom Savage at $4 may become a very good keeper if he starts next year. With starting 2 QBs, they're gold in this league.
                          - I can almost certainly get Hightower for $1, because he has an older $32 salary that will still apply and no contender can really fit him under the cap (I can by dumping a $32 Dwayne Washington). But, the teams that are out of it are still fighting in a consolation round for rookie draft order, so someone else could conceivably claim him.
                          - Robby Anderson has been a target machine with Petty under center.
                          - so with the current consensus, Savage would not start over Mariota for me, but Hightower/Anderson might if Julio sits

I'm leaning using $4 on Anderson or Savage and $1 on Hightower.

Does this change any opinion?

Anyway, thanks for the input thus far.
                          I'd still go after Anderson, although it sounds like Julio is going to play. Who would you drop to add Savage? Can you keep Mariota & still pick up Savage?

Comment

So I think you didnt get Savage and you got Hightower and Anderson. I'd start Walker and go with Anderson if Julio sits (unless Fitz is under center for the Jets then I'd go Hightower).

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                              I'd still go after Anderson, although it sounds like Julio is going to play. Who would you drop to add Savage? Can you keep Mariota & still pick up Savage?
                              Traut is right -- I got out id on Savage but won Anderson & Hightower.

Comment

Working...
                              X