NFL Week Eight Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week Eight Thread

CJ Anderson becomes the latest casualty, as he had knee surgery today and is out of the year.

Jordan Reed practiced all week and makes the flight to London but still not medically cleared to play Sunday.

Comment

Jamaal Charles OUT

Comment

Shady McCoy DOUBTFUL (should never have played last week)
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

halftime, Redskins lead 10-7 in London after having the ball for nearly the entire first half.

Marvin Lewis vs Jon Gruden - not exactly the Bobby Fischer-Boris Spassky chess match of the 1970s, lol.

Redskins have a crazy amount of receiving talent, 2nd in yards per play this year - and 28th in red zone scoring (even though their running game had been strong, too, of late). the Bengals chipped in with a dumb unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late in first half, but Skins call a couple of 1-yard passing gains in the middle of the field and miss a 55-yard FG.

why am I watching this again?

FINAL 27-27
          it's a shame that after both teams trying so desperately to lose, neither got their wish. Skins miss 34 yd FG with 2 mins left in OT (well, they made it as far as the crowd thought, but Lewis snuck in that dopey timeout. THEN they missed.
          Dalton fumbles at midfield right after that, then ridiculous offensive PI on Garcon (announcer John Lynch was killing the ref) bounced them back out of FG territory in final minute.

4 silly/dirty personal fouls by Bengals; Redskins answered with 15 more modest penalties (at least 5 of them on Norman for illegal hands to face. you get the feeling the Panthers knew an NFL crackdown on DBs was coming, and WASH didn't. doh!).
          oh, Bengals also missed an extra pt and both teams missed 50+ FGs.
          Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-30-2016, 12:47 PM.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Randall Cobb is not expected to play due to a hamstring injury. Hope those that have him realize this.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
              Randall Cobb is not expected to play due to a hamstring injury. Hope those that have him realize this.
              Tim Montgomery also OUT

Comment

Raiders set the NFL record for penalties in a game with 23 (and counting).

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Raiders set the NFL record for penalties in a game with 23 (and counting).
                  And somehow they still won the game... craziness

Comment

and get to 5-0 on road for first time since 1977, I think they said.
                    they're not really 6-2 good, but their fans deserve to enjoy the ride.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 6m6 minutes ago
                    The @RAIDERS are 46th team under current playoff format to win 5 straight road gms in a season. Previous 45 all made playoffs
                    Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-30-2016, 04:01 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      and get to 5-0 on road for first time since 1977, I think they said.
                      they're not really 6-2 good, but their fans deserve to enjoy the ride.
                      What is 6-2 good anymore? Name me one team that you would hang your hat on right now as great? the Pats D is suspect, the Vikings O is prone to disappearing and everyone else is jekyll and hyde

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                        What is 6-2 good anymore? Name me one team that you would hang your hat on right now as great? the Pats D is suspect, the Vikings O is prone to disappearing and everyone else is jekyll and hyde
                        I still like the Pats a lot, but fair point. many teams have played 5 or 6 straight close games this year; makes it tough to see trends.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

NFL STANDINGS, UPDATED

AFC
                          1 PATRIOTS 7-1, Bills 4-4
                          4 STEELERS 4-3
                          3 TEXANS 5-3, Titans 4-4
                          2 RAIDERS 6-2, 5 BRONCOS 6-2, 6 CHIEFS 5-2

NFC
                          1 COWBOYS 6-1, 6 GIANTS 4-3, Eagles 4-3, Redskins 4-3-1
                          2 VIKINGS 5-2, 5 PACKERS 4-3, Lions 4-4
                          4 FALCONS 5-3
                          3 SEAHAWKS 4-2-1

RACE TO THE BOTTOM: 2017 NFL DRAFT EDITION
                          0-8 - BROWNS
                          1-6 - 49ers
                          2-6 - Bears
                          2-5 - Jaguars, Panthers
                          3-5 - Colts, Jets, Chargers
                          3-4 - Dolphins, Ravens, Saints, Rams, Buccaneers
                          3-4-1 - Bengals, Cardinals
                          Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-31-2016, 10:29 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

The Patriots sent their best defensive player, LB Jamie Collins, to Cleveland today for a 3rd round pick. WTF?

Comment

The Patriots sent their best defensive player, LB Jamie Collins, to Cleveland today for a 3rd round pick. WTF?

From NFL.com:

The 27-year-old second-round pick was nearing the end of his rookie contract and will become a free agent this offseason. Graded by Pro Football Focus as one of the league's most dominant and versatile outside linebackers, Collins was almost surely in for a deal that New England head coach Bill Belichick wasn't willing to pay for.

Comment

Working...
                              X