Do You DFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You DFS?

So I'm curious where some of you guys stand on DFS. I played it early on and enjoyed it. Never won or lost a lot, stayed about even. I stopped when everything started going haywire and all the negative stuff came out. Then NY put the brakes on it and I thought that was it, but recently our governor signed a law reauthorizing DFS to operate. So I'm going back to playing lightly even knowing all of its warts but I was curious how everyone feels about it:
    Do you play?
    If so when did you start?
    What do you think of the level of "fairness" in it?

I have only played the Yahoo free leagues that offer a prize. One was offered to whoever won their Yahoo league last year and they have one to start this year with a decent prize.

I'm not paying to play, but playing for free with a chance to win money works for me.

Comment

We had a huge thread on it here. Many played. Not sure too many do any longer.

I played for a few years. The first time I played for real money, a $2 tourney on the second day of the 2013 MLB season, I won and landed $750. I played for years (MLB, NFL and a smattering of NBA) with the house money, taking out about $500 along the way, built up the rest to about $2,000 before losing most of it over the last 3 years. I still have about $50 left on the site, but haven't played since the second week of MLB this year.

Comment

I am still playing DFS football only. I just didn't have the time or bankroll to handle baseball. I got seriously into fanduel last year, started with $100 and played all year to cash out with $800. I put $300 in to start this year and played $250 in week one with 5 different lineups of about $50 each. Going into the MNF games I would be up $300 this week. If you are going to play I would suggest entering multiple lineups and playing the $2 and $5 games. I spend most of my money in 50/50, double ups, triple ups and quint. I'll enter a 100 person and 200 person contest also. Then occasionally I'll throw my lineups into the big pools at $1 or $2 just in case I hit on a lineup and could make it "big" I think after last years PR nightmare it is more fair now. You can find lots of pools where they are single entry only and the sharks can only play so many of the cheap game. There will always be people out there much better than me, but If I don't risk too much it does make Sundays a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
        X