HOF Game 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOF Game 2016

Canceled because the painted logos on the 50 yard line and end zones are too sticky.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Canceled because the painted logos on the 50 yard line and end zones are too sticky.
    Bwahahaha!

My college friend traveled all the way from Long Island for the festivities and game, and this happens? I blame Griswold!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Bwahahaha!

My college friend traveled all the way from Long Island for the festivities and game, and this happens? I blame Griswold!
      LOL....I figured I was going to get called out on this!

Sometimes the Hall can't see the trees through the forest....

Yeah, this one is going to hurt....

Well, maybe the HOF Fantasy Day will be great....oops, they fucked that up as well....lol

I love my City but the Hall sometimes.....ugh...

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
        LOL....I figured I was going to get called out on this!

Sometimes the Hall can't see the trees through the forest....

Yeah, this one is going to hurt....

Well, maybe the HOF Fantasy Day will be great....oops, they fucked that up as well....lol

I love my City but the Hall sometimes.....ugh...
        What happened with this?

Comment

What happened with this?
          LOL...well, the big shot VP, that the HOF hired from CBS Sports, sat in a meeting with me 2 months ago and asked how they could create a Fantasy Football Day.

I said you need the following:

1. Reasonable price
          2. Great selection of Fantasy experts
          3. Some "marketable" HOFers who folks want to meet (and possibly learn from)
          4. Other value adds (free subscriptions from the experts' sites, SWAG bag, etc)
          5. Special Fantasy league to held after the event where they win cool HOF prizes (tickets to all of the Enshrinement weekend, etc.)

So, the VP says, "yeah but we only do things with CLASS and HOF style"

He said, "What if we had Dan Marino, Cris Carter and Bill Pollian plus Matthew Berry & Michael Fabiano plus the experts that I had mentioned (Dodds, Hansen, Racliff and me). Plus we have all of the value adds, BUT the Grand Prize winner of the Fantasy leagues will get 2 Super Bowl tickets!

I said that would be awesome!

He asked, "How much do you think that would be worth?"

I said that you could charge $100-$150 for that.

He gets all fired up and says, "What? We charged $199 for a meet and greet with Dan Marino alone and sold out 200 tickets! So we should charge at least $299!"

I said, "Ok, you're the experts on this."

So, they are charging $299.

But, the HOFers are Anthony Munoz, Chris Doleman and Warren Moon.

Matthew Berry is out and Mike Clay took his place.

And the grand prize for the league is 2 tickets to each event at next year's Enshrinement weekend.

It's 2 weeks away and they've sold 3 tickets of the 200 for sale.

So, that's what happened.

Comment

I checked it out on the HOF site and see that it's now a 2-day event, and 2 dinners with the HOFers are included. Sounds cool, to be honest -- but jeez, I dunno if I could sit through 12 hours of fantasy football stuff over 2 days!

And if tix to the league winner (not sure what league this may be) are for next year's HOF game, they better make sure they actually hold the game!

Comment

I checked it out on the HOF site and see that it's now a 2-day event, and 2 dinners with the HOFers are included. Sounds cool, to be honest -- but jeez, I dunno if I could sit through 12 hours of fantasy football stuff over 2 days!

And if tix to the league winner (not sure what league this may be) are for next year's HOF game, they better make sure they actually hold the game!
              Well, it's an dinner/mixer on Friday night with all attendees & HOFers...no real Fantasy stuff but maybe asking questions.

Saturday is an all-day session (with breakfast/lunch/dinner included).

But they are 90 minutes with Q&A for each section....

Do you think it's too pricey?

Comment

Well, it's an dinner/mixer on Friday night with all attendees & HOFers...no real Fantasy stuff but maybe asking questions.

Saturday is an all-day session (with breakfast/lunch/dinner included).

But they are 90 minutes with Q&A for each section....

Do you think it's too pricey?
                Interesting question. I think the problem is it's fantasy-related, so only a hardcore fantasy player would go for 2 days. $299 seems way out of line for a season-long player, as opposed to the bigger money in DFS. And while $299 is a high price to pay, I'm not sure hearing what a HOFer says about fantasy when they almost certainly don't play ("Oh, I'd defintely take Aaron Rodgers #1 overall," says Warren Moon) is helpful.

But two dinners with HOFers and a solid fantasy session seems worthwhile. I guess I was initially thinking of your idea as kind of in line with the Shandler sessions, but now it's been blown up to a whole big song and dance. Maybe the season-long guy will pay $39, but $299 -- especially in Canton OH -- is out of whack.

Comment

Interesting question. I think the problem is it's fantasy-related, so only a hardcore fantasy player would go for 2 days. $299 seems way out of line for a season-long player, as opposed to the bigger money in DFS. And while $299 is a high price to pay, I'm not sure hearing what a HOFer says about fantasy when they almost certainly don't play ("Oh, I'd defintely take Aaron Rodgers #1 overall," says Warren Moon) is helpful.

But two dinners with HOFers and a solid fantasy session seems worthwhile. I guess I was initially thinking of your idea as kind of in line with the Shandler sessions, but now it's been blown up to a whole big song and dance. Maybe the season-long guy will pay $39, but $299 -- especially in Canton OH -- is out of whack.
                  Yeah, they are realizing that 10 days away. LOL

But they told they were still holding the event.

They're going to discount it to about half ($149) and allow us to "give away" free entries through contests, etc.

So, we'll see...

Comment

They're going to discount it to about half ($149) and allow us to "give away" free entries through contests, etc.

So, we'll see...
                    I will come if I get a 'free entry". :winkwink:
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      I will come if I get a 'free entry". :winkwink:
                      If you're serious....I think I can make that happen. :winkwink:

Comment

If you're serious....I think I can make that happen. :winkwink:
                        texting you
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

We all knew this was coming, and frankly, I don't blame them:

"Ticketholders to Sunday’s canceled NFL Hall of Fame game between the Colts and Packers are sending more than their letters of disapproval to the league’s offices.

Four co-plaintiffs — Alan Biland, Matthew Crabb, Tiffany Ratcliff, and Carmelo Treviso — filed a class-action lawsuit Thursday against the NFL and the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. The fans are seeking more than $5 million in order to recover “damages owed to themselves and others similarly situated.” They are represented by attorney Michael Avenatti and are requesting a jury trial."
                          Ticketholders to Sunday’s canceled NFL Hall of Fame game between the Colts and Packers are sending more than their letters of disapproval to the league’s offices. Four co-plaintiffs &md…

Comment

So, we'll see...
                            I see your post says it's now $99? How's ticket sales going now?

Comment

I see your post says it's now $99? How's ticket sales going now?
                              Much better, I heard...surprise...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X