No announcement yet.

2k17: RJ Play for Play Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalk continues with McCoy. Buffalo is catching a lot of flack for their sell-off and seemingly focus beyond 2017, but McCoy is going to catch a lot of passes in this offense and barring injury is a rock solid RB1 in any format but especially PPR.

Comment

• I'm going to need a minute as I throw up in my mouth when I make this pick.....

Comment

• Don't blame you. From here out, its anyone's guess in terms of "best player available".

Comment

• Interesting pick with Elliott but I figured he'd go within the next 3 picks or so. I do think he gets the suspension down to 4 games but also that he will fight even that. Even if he misses 6 weeks, I think if you draft with that in mind you can mitigate the impact more than you could with a Week 1 injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I told them they either need to sign up for RJ, or send Keith or I their picks. I haven't seen them sign up here yet.

Picks should be posted in the draft thread, and discussion in here.
            Paul said if he doesn't get signed up he will just email me to let me know they picked in the CBS draft room.

Comment

• Ed has to pick in the draft room in order for the draft to move forward.

Can't say I'm a fan of either pick, both players are talented, but both have obvious flaws that really stand out. McCoy is going to face 8 men in the box all season long, there's nobody there to take the pressure off in terms of pass catching.

And Elliot, well, the knocks are obvious with him. He may well take the Brady route, and appeal in the courts, or he may get a game knocked off, perhaps two if he's lucky. I would have taken him in the 3rd with the possibility of keeping him next season, but I never would have considered him in the 1st. But that's what it's called gambling...could have a big payout, or it could blow up.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Ed has to pick in the draft room in order for the draft to move forward.

Can't say I'm a fan of either pick, both players are talented, but both have obvious flaws that really stand out. McCoy is going to face 8 men in the box all season long, there's nobody there to take the pressure off in terms of pass catching.

And Elliot, well, the knocks are obvious with him. He may well take the Brady route, and appeal in the courts, or he may get a game knocked off, perhaps two if he's lucky. I would have taken him in the 3rd with the possibility of keeping him next season, but I never would have considered him in the 1st. But that's what it's called gambling...could have a big payout, or it could blow up.
                I made my own pick in the draft room. I think we all can?

Comment

• Yeah - we're all the way to Mike it seems with pick #10

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    I made my own pick in the draft room. I think we all can?
                    Yep, of course you can!

Comment

• Some commentary on my picks but I really wanted to avoid going with a WR and filling up a Flex (and limiting my options based on whose available for me in Rd 3). I liked several WRs well enough but with Nelson and Baldwin in tow my preference here was QB/TE and RB.

Aaron Rodgers - I get all the "wait on QB" theory and generally subscribe in redrafts but this is a keeper league where I had 3 positions filled. If I went RB/WR then all my starters are filled except QB & TE and thus I end up likely benching my 3rd pick as "depth". Not a fan of that so with Gronk gone I know I can win a league with Rodgers/Nelson/Baldwin since it just happened. Perhaps lighting can't strike twice but there will be weeks where the Packers alone lead me to victory.

Christian McCaffrey - I love PPR backs who catch a lot of passes since they provide a very high weekly floor. I'm also not convinced that Stewart is any good. Worst case, I have a very stable RB2 but I think he can be a lot more than that and just love how fast he accelerates. With 20+ picks before I as up again I just didn't think the RBs left would make me feel good as weekly non-flex starters. FF is supposed to be fun so I much prefer taking my guys vs. adhering to ADP which I generally ignore as its aggregated over a lot of bad leagues with different settings drafting with different info at different times.

Comment

• I thought very hard about McCaffrey both at #4 and #11. I think he can be a league winner this year even if he starts slowly, which he might.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                          I thought very hard about McCaffrey both at #4 and #11. I think he can be a league winner this year even if he starts slowly, which he might.
                          His first 3 games are SF, BUF and NO so I hope he doesn't start slow as it doesn't get much better than that

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                            His first 3 games are SF, BUF and NO so I hope he doesn't start slow as it doesn't get much better than that
                            Easy schedule but I'm guessing Stewart will see more touches at the beginning of the year (especially in games when the Panthers are in control and want to grind out the clock) and less as the season wears on.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              Easy schedule but I'm guessing Stewart will see more touches at the beginning of the year (especially in games when the Panthers are in control and want to grind out the clock) and less as the season wears on.
                              True...plus, we're just not sure how good the Panthers are going to be at dumping off to the backs. It's never been a big part of Cam's game, and with little practice because of the shoulder, I could conceivably see a slow start.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Hopkins is a tough guy to read for me this year. His QB play was so bad last year that I can't just blame him, but he did struggle. He had 151 targets but only 78 catches. I can't say I watched all the games, but that is a lot of targets for only 78 catches. 2015 he was studly and was moving into the conversation of being right behind Brown, ODB, and Julio. So what does 2017 hold? Hopefully a bounce back of 2016, but probably not going back to 2015 levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X