Big Guy Fantasy Sports - New Website for FFConsistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Guy Fantasy Sports - New Website for FFConsistency

So, as many of you know, I tried to get an app built for my consistency stuff. Too expensive and couldn't get any bites on investors.

So, I created a brand new site and got someone to improve my Consistency reports that were online: http://www.bigguyfantasysports.com/i.../clutch-report

So, as I'm building this new site, reports, etc., I'd love for the Junkies here to provide any input (positive and negative).

Some of the articles need updated but that will be soon.

I'd love thoughts on the layout, info, etc. Ask questions, give ideas, I'm open for ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Gris

Another thing on my mind for this year is to do lots of video clips!

First up would be 1 minute "infomercial/player profile" for each player that is in my upcoming 2016 FF Consistency Guide.

It would be a quick hit video stating the players 3 year consistency history, last year's info and where I believe they should be ranked/drafted/over or undervalued for 2016.

Thoughts? Like? Dislike? Other info to add to the video?

Also, if there are any video editing/graphics Junkies willing to lend a hand, I could use it.

Thanks

Gris

Comment

A couple bits of advice/criticism/personal opinion:

The linked page is kind of not good. The page design doesn't look like it was tested on many different monitors (and I haven't checked other browsers or mobile), but in Chrome on my laptop the top of the page looks like:

Position
      Year
      (position dropdown)
      (year dropdown)

where the two dropdowns are the entire width of the screen for 2-4 characters. It looks okay on my desktop with a huge monitor, but that's still not great design. Also why on earth is it in a frame so that there's an internal scroll bar instead of just scrolling through the page?

Actually the page design for smaller monitors seems to be an epidemic on the site - on the homepage, a bunch of the entries (column titles, the facebook feed, the links section) have text overlapping other text or being cut off. And in your content pages (like the clutch-performers-qb page) the tables are cut off on the right so I can't see the CR% column, and the tables are all black text on shades of blue which are not particularly readable. I can take some screenshots if you want, but I expect you'll see it if you look on a 15" or smaller monitor.

As for video, see what other peoples' opinions are. My personal feeling is that if you're just narrating what's in the player text already, and if I'm going to have to click on each player individually to get the content, I'm not sure what I get out of video other than being able to listen to it instead of read it (i.e. just the audio part) and even that isn't particularly convenient, and there are a lot of places where video is more annoying. But that may just be me.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
      X