Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Sorry, man.

Why does it cost so much? That seems extreme to me.
    Well, the app was $18k and the marketing costs were $7k.

Actually that app price was cheap compared to the other company that wanted $60k to do it.

Comment

I might look into getting bids for that on elance.com if I were you. I don't know a ton about that area but I can almost guarantee you can find someone to do it for waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than that. Like something in the hundreds of dollars.

Elance is risk-free. You just put out a rough description of your product and solicit bids from all around the world (or from whatever area you want). I've used elance a bunch of times and really highly recommend it. I got a guy to design a buddy's website for $150 through elance and it was really high quality work.

Edit: PM me or email me and I'll help you out with this. Don't give up just yet.
      Thanks bud...for now, I'm having these guys help me with the reports on the website and then work towards an app for 2017.

But, i'll look into elance.com...sounds cool.

Comment

Sounds good. I'd just make sure and shop around. $25k strikes me as very expensive.
        The app itself was only $18k.

I believe the cost is high because of the data-driven aspect of it.

I could wrong though...lol

Comment

Eh, I'm no expert but.....who quoted you that amount? Are they just one vendor among many from whom you can choose to develop this app? If so, I'd shop around. Hell, I have a good friend who has developed multiple apps for big companies on multiple platforms.
          That's good to know.

You're right, I really haven't shopped around.

Does your good friend freelance or does he work for a company?

Comment

He was a freelancer for a long time but I think he just got a full time job. The freelance guys at elance, though, will blow him out of the water. You will find elite talent there at crazy good prices. I was shocked at how competitive the prices are there, even moreso if you're willing to work with a dude from India or Pakistan. Even if not, you'll get a lot of bites. I'd suggest just making an account and putting your project out there just to check prices --- no risk and you'll get a feel for what the real marketplace prices are.
            Awesome!

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Comment

Did someone steal your idea?

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Not exactly....just someone else's way of looking at Consistency.

I always hate "these" guys because they give multiple columns (like Elite, Good, Passable, etc.)

It's too confusing to the average FF owner. Plus, this is only for one scoring method. Mine allows you to enter you own method.

But this also angers me because I've been doing this for 13 years and Rotoworld has "borrowed" my idea multiple times and yet have never asked me to write for them.

The one year, some kid literally stole my idea and articles word for word and posted them.

I put an end to that...and yet....they couldn't said "Hey, we like the idea! Why don't you write for us?"

Hey, just my hatred.

Gris

Comment

Working...
                X