NFL off-season coaching carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL off-season coaching carousel

The Eagles started a week early today by firing Head coach Chip Kelly.

Rotoworld:
    Eagles fired coach/GM Chip Kelly.
    VP of Player Personnel Ed Marynowitz has also been fired. The Eagles announced the moves themselves, issuing a terse press release. The announcement isn't stunning in and of itself, but the timing is. It suggests deep discord between the two sides after Kelly made a mess of his roster after winning a power struggle for personnel duties last winter. Kelly produced 10-win campaigns in each of his first two years on the job, but gutted his roster with questionable moves last spring that resulted in an imperfect defense and deeply dysfunctional offense. As a general manager, Kelly seemed to be making it up as he went along. As a coach, he struggled to connect with his players as men, turning many off with confidence that blurred with hubris. The prevailing scuttlebutt had been that Kelly would return to college if canned, but all the big openings have been filled. If Kelly wants another shot at the NFL, the Titans and Dolphins might be his two most logical landing places.
    Dec 29 - 7:26 PM
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

I would expect the Giants to let Tom Coughlin go after this coming week's game.

Comment

Apparently Lurie fired Kelly now because he wants to address the team, and if he had waited to fire him until after the last game, he would not have been allowed to do so under the CBA.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I would expect the Giants to let Tom Coughlin go after this coming week's game.
        Really? I think they give him one more year.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
          Really? I think they give him one more year.
          Rumor is he's going to resign on Monday. The Giants haven't made the playoffs in 4 seasons; his time is done.

Mike McCoy and Mike Pettine also rumored to be getting the ax on Monday.

Comment

I also expect Coughlin to go; interesting part is if he decides to 'retire' or if the owners have to do the deed themselves.
            The GM has been worse than the coach, probably, the last couple of years. Might be smarter to just empty the shelves - missing the playoffs in the NFC Least for 4 straight years with a good QB starting every game is simply malpractice....
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

49ers expected to can Jim Tomsula after just one season, lol.

Comment

Browns start the hit parade by cleaning house, canning both Mike Pettine and GM Ray Farmer. Thanks Johnny!

Comment

49ers expected to can Jim Tomsula after just one season, lol.
                  Thank you again for Harbaugh, Jed York!

Comment

Browns start the hit parade by cleaning house, canning both Mike Pettine and GM Ray Farmer. Thanks Johnny!
                    The Browns have regressed despite having four 1st round picks (two top 12) over the last two years.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

49ers fired Jim Tomsula.

Comment

Titans fire GM Ruston Webster. Steve Underwood named permanent president/CEO. Interim coach Mike Mularkey will be given an interview for the permanent coaching gig.

Comment

In an about face that was rumored in the last couple of days, the Chargers are keeping HC Mike McCoy onboard.

Comment

Tom Coughlin stepping down as Giants HC. Thanks for the memories, coach!

Comment

In an about face that was rumored in the last couple of days, the Chargers are keeping HC Mike McCoy onboard.
                              Same reason why Fisher is staying in STL: The owner is focused on trying to move the team, doesn't want the headache of doing a coaching search at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X