Pick Three WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick Three WR

PPR league. Once a player gets over 100 yards it's 1pt/5 yards instead of 10 so big scores for someone who goes over 100 usually. Can only start 3 and have a lot of good options:

Randall Cobb @ Detroit
    AJ Green @ Cleveland
    Brandon Cooks vs Carolina
    Brandon LaFell vs Philly
    Martavis Bryant vs Indy

Green, Bryant, LaFell. The other two are #1 WRs going against teams with shutdown corners.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Green, Bryant, LaFell. The other two are #1 WRs going against teams with shutdown corners.
      Yeah, I tend to agree here. I might be tempted to play Cobb over Bryant, though.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Yeah, I tend to agree here. I might be tempted to play Cobb over Bryant, though.
        If the GB offense were firing on all cylinders, I would agree with you, but it hasn't been in a while. Davis is very good, but you figure he'll be on Brown, and the rest of the Indy secondary is mediocre at best, which could mean a big day for Bryant.

Now, if Landry Jones starts instead of Big Ben, then definitely play Cobb or Cooks over Bryant. The wrinkle is that GB plays on Thursday.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          If the GB offense were firing on all cylinders, I would agree with you, but it hasn't been in a while. Davis is very good, but you figure he'll be on Brown, and the rest of the Indy secondary is mediocre at best, which could mean a big day for Bryant.

Now, if Landry Jones starts instead of Big Ben, then definitely play Cobb or Cooks over Bryant. The wrinkle is that GB plays on Thursday.
          True for Cobb, but GB plays Thursday night so this is tough call. We probably won't know about Big Ben's concussion status until after the Thursday game.

I would probably stick with the original call of Bryant, Green, and LaFell. I need to see GB get back on track and start catching balls.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Green, Cobb, Lafell.

I'd avoid Cooks; he'll get the special attention and Brees is good enough to throw to other WRs.

Cobb has had such a bad year that I'm not convinced the Lions will pay him special attention...so strangely, I'm recommending Cobb because he's been bad.

Comment

I'll take M. Bryant & A.J. Green to start. Then it's between Cobb & LaFell for me for the 3rd slot. I'd go with LaFell because of the great match-up, although I wouldn't blame you if you went with Cobb instead (although he only had 5/53 against the Lions earlier this year).

Good luck!!
              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
              TE: Olsen (NA)
              K: Lutz (7)
              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                PPR league. Once a player gets over 100 yards it's 1pt/5 yards instead of 10 so big scores for someone who goes over 100 usually. Can only start 3 and have a lot of good options:

Randall Cobb @ Detroit
                AJ Green @ Cleveland
                Brandon Cooks vs Carolina
                Brandon LaFell vs Philly
                Martavis Bryant vs Indy
                Randall Cobb @ Detroit - 6.9
                AJ Green @ Cleveland - 28.6
                Brandon Cooks vs Carolina - 24.8
                Brandon LaFell vs Philly - 6.7
                Martavis Bryant vs Indy - 24.8

Went with the wisdom of crowds and started Green, Bryant and LaFell. Two out of three ain't bad and if anything I would have played Cobb instead of LaFell so I really only cost myself 0.2. Will end up winning provided Jordan Reed doesn't score negative points. Cooks having a nice game against Carolina was the biggest surprise.

Comment

Working...
                X