Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you drop Colston for any of these WRs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you drop Colston for any of these WRs?

I grabbed Colston as my #3 WR in our 14 team draft (behind Julio & A. Robinson). Colston finished 2014 strong with averages over the last 6 games of 6.5 targets, 4.2 receptions, 61 yards, 0.7 TDs. He averaged 12.2pts per game over this stretch (greatly aided by the 4 TDs over 6 games).

Anyway, would you drop Colston for any of these waiver wire guys?

James Jones
    Stevie Johnson
    Percy Harvin
    Donte Moncrief
    Brandon Coleman
    Eric Decker
    Nate Washington
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

I'd drop him for Decker, Stevie, or James Jones, in that order. Colston still has great hands, and knows how to read defenses really well, but he has almost no separation speed anymore and can be covered by lower tier DBs in man coverage
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Unfortunately, I think he's now in the tier of WRs you listed, just with a bigger name. I wouldn't fault you for dropping him for any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I'd drop him for Decker, Stevie, or James Jones, in that order. Colston still has great hands, and knows how to read defenses really well, but he has almost no separation speed anymore and can be covered by lower tier DBs in man coverage
        Agreed. I might even drop him for Moncrief.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I would keep an eye on Harvin. Hes an absolute head case, but if Buffalo can keep him interested and healthy he could surprise this year.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I had the #7 waiver claim (highest scoring team that lost in the 1st week). James Jones, Stevie Johnson & Brandon Coleman all were taken before the waivers got to me. I used my first waiver claim to grab Chris Johnson (since I'm a Andre Ellington owner). The next round of waiver saw Harvin, Moncrief & Decker all go before it got back to me the 2nd time.

So for now I'm stuck with Colston. Tops WRs out there are Reuben Randle, Eddie Royal, Jerricho Cotchery, Torrey Smith, Brandon LaFell, Allen Hurns, Michael Crabtree, Kenny Britt, Devin Funchess, Dorial Green-Beckham.

I probably should have grabbed Moncrief or Decker with my 1st waiver and then hoped that Chris Johnson slipped back to me for my 2nd waiver.
            Last edited by jwlincy; 09-17-2015, 08:54 AM.
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
            X