hdid (not great)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hdid (not great)

12-team, QB 2RB 2WR TE K DEF, 4 bench, no flex. $200 auction. I had planned to get two expensive players and then I thought Cobb was going too low and ended up in a position where I couldn't afford a decent second RB.

Let me know if you want to see the overall prices. The top five RBs all went for between $71 and $74.

QB: Eli $1 - could have had Rivers or Stafford also
    RB: Lacy $71, JBell $3
    WR: Cobb $44, Maclin $9
    TE: Gronk $61
    K: forgot to take one
    DEF: Carolina $1

BN: Landry $3, Decker $1, Quick $1, Duke Johnson $1, Wheaton $1
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Yeah, you're hurting at RB2 unless Bell gets healthy and returns to 2013 form quickly.

I like Eli better than Rivers and about the same as Stafford this year.

Your rosters are only 12 players?
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

You fell into the Gronk trap, but starting only 2 WRs helps a bit. If the rosters are that shallow, you should be able to pick up players easily.

Comment

Yeah, I have no idea why the rosters are so short, but I'm not in charge.

What's the Gronk trap? Would I have been better off with Julio Jones and a cheap TE?
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Yeah, I have no idea why the rosters are so short, but I'm not in charge.

What's the Gronk trap? Would I have been better off with Julio Jones and a cheap TE?
          The Gronk trap is what happens to teams that select Gronk in the 1st round of regular drafts or spend big money on him in auctions. Taking Gronk that high (or spending that much money on him) generally affects your RB & WR positions.
          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
          TE: Olsen (NA)
          K: Lutz (7)
          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Basically, you need Gronk to put up the numbers of a fantasy WR1 in order to justify his price, because your WR and/or RB corps will be weaker on paper than your competitors. Now, if you hit on some or your later round/lower cost selections, that mitigates the problem. But there is no way to know that before the season starts.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Love Gronk but don't like how it makes teams round out. Every mock I did with him it was really hard to not be really bad at WR or RB. I like your $1 guys maybe Duke Johnson wsill steal the job from Crowell and you'll be OK. Two Packers will make you a little more inconsistent but they are both obviously stars.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

huh. Is Gronk not projected to produce like a WR1? My thinking basically agreed with all of you guys except I thought that was a good thing. But it's true that given the prices we had I could have gotten, say, Julio/random $1 TE/Doug Martin or Joseph Randle instead of Gronk/Maclin/Joique. Maybe that would have been better. Or two $30 players at WR/RB - guys in the Carlos Hyde/Latavius Murray/Alfred Morris/Brandin Cooks/Mike Evans range. I prefer drafting stars and scrubs in leagues with such short rosters though.

Good to have this advice though - I have a draft coming up tonight with much bigger rosters (2 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, 2 FLEX, K, DEF, 8 bench) and might have taken him in the first there, but maybe I won't.

Comment

Working...
                X