Some Fantasy Football draft history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Fantasy Football draft history

Hey all–just a friendly reminder from your local fantasy sports admin that if you wanted to send in an application for our inaugural 700 Level Fantasy Football League, tomorrow night is the deadline to do so. In case you’ve forgotten (or if you missed the original post and are too lazy to search for it), the e-mail to apply to is…

Interesting. The number of QBs in the first rd wow. A fun read until you get the championship info. Talk about an interesting ending.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
    http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-le...all-draft-1988

Interesting. The number of QBs in the first rd wow. A fun read until you get the championship info. Talk about an interesting ending.
    Cool stuff! That was the year my first league started....1985.

It was also touchdown-only and kicker were high scorers as well.

I'm not sure if I could find the old draft documents, but it's neat just that same.

Comment

My main redraft goes back to 1989-ish, though I didn't join until 2001. At that point it was still pretty TD-heavy.

The whole reason kickers are a part of FF is that back in the day, there were no internet stats systems to keep track of yardage easily, so scoring was TD-only or very TD-heavy, and you needed players who scored ANY points in the pool. Hence kickers. Now that most leagues have yardage, PPR, etc., there is a movement in some quarters to get rid of kickers. It was proposed in my auction league this year but voted down.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
      X