Top 2015 impact rookies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 2015 impact rookies?

curious on your thoughts for the top impact rookies for this season. this is a dynasty league and rosters are only improved through trades/FA pickups/rookie draft. we have a two round rookie draft, TEs outside of Gronk, Graham, and maybe Gates are meh at best. we run 1QB, 1RB, 1WR/TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE) 1 K and 1 Team Def/Spec.

I really don't have a need at QB as I have Newton, Kappy, Bradford, and Flacco.

who are the best impact and long term picks from the 2015 class in your opinion? Rank them 1-10 if you could please.

right now Yeldon, Cooper, and Gordon are at the top of my list (Abdullah and Gurley are gone).

This year:
    (Abdullah)
    Cooper
    ----------------
    Yeldon
    Gordon
    (Gurley)
    Agholor
    ------------------
    Perriman
    Mariota
    Coleman
    ------------------
    Dorsett
    Parker
    Duke Johnson
    Winston
    D. Cobb
    Maxx Williams
    Matt Jones
    David Johnson
    B. Allen
    ------------------
    White (I'm not expecting him to play much this year, if at all)

Long term:
    (Gurley)
    Cooper
    (Abdullah)
    Gordon
    Yeldon
    --------------
    White
    Dorsett
    Agholor
    Parker
    Mariota
    Winston
    Coleman
    Matt Jones
    --------------
    Perriman
    Maxx Williams
    Duke Johnson
    B. Allen
    --------------
    D. Cobb
    David Johnson

I see Ajayi as a bust both this year and long-term. Not enough info for me to rank anyone else. That is, I don't play in leagues deep enough to think about them right now.

ETA: I think only the top 6 (top 2 tiers) on the this-year list will make any significant fantasy impact this year.
    Last edited by Erik; 08-17-2015, 04:23 PM.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

1. Cooper (OAK) - He's got all of the tools. By far, the best long-term prospect
      2. Gordon (SD)
      3. Agholor (PHI)
      4. Yeldon (JAX)
      5. Perriman (BAL)
      6. Parker (MIA)
      7. Dorsett (IND)
      8. Duke Johnson (CLE)
      9. Kevin White (CHI)
      10. Green-Beckham (TEN) - If it weren't for serious character issues (possibility of him becoming Josh Gordon/Justin Blackmon are VERY high) he'd be right near #1. Guy has off-the-charts talent and physical ability.

I took out Mariota and Winston since you seem set at QB

Comment

yeah, I also have the 2.3 pick and am hoping a couple of unsuspecting guys fall. hopefully Mariota and Winston will be taken in the first round and there will be a couple more options in the 2nd round.

Comment

thanks guys. the draft is still going, but i got Cooper and (because my Benjamin went down) i grabbed Funchess. with Newton on the roster, i felt like i had to go this route. while it might present a problem next year with too many Panthers, i'm hoping that will be a good problem to have.

that said, i'm also looking at Artis-Payne, Green-Beckham, and Matt Jones. i have Morris, so i'm thinking Jones is the handcuff there. also curious about Ty Montgomery now that Jordy is gone for 2015. he will probably be snatched up with one of the remaining five picks though. hard to say if any of my guys will be there as the "draft" can consist of not only rookies, but also any FA. not much left, but people might think that there's better options out there than anything in the rookie pool at this point.

trying to trade Flacco for another 2nd rounder this season, in case anybody 2.8-2.12 feels like he's a better option than what's left.

Comment

I would definitely grab Jones if you have Morris. That job will be Jones' next year, and Jones is Gruden's guy while Morris is from the previous regime. Some of the guys from my redraft today were convinced that Jones will have the job by midseason.

Comment

Tyler Lockett anyone? He's the only WR on SEA who was actually drafted, and his talent is undeniable. He'll be an impact starter by week 8.

Comment

Given the run-heavy nature of the Seattle offense, I don't know how much impact he'll make this year. But he should be their true WR1 in the next few years.

Comment

thanks for the thoughts....

i think this thread might very well turn into a "help my team" thread. i really have become lackadaisical regarding my team over a couple of years. it seems like when i get an "impact" guy in the rookie draft, he tanks. in addition to that, my interest in the NFL has steadily declined over the past 5 or 6 years. i know it's "never been bigger" and is the new "America's game," but i have been getting tired of it a lot.

because of this, i think my team has slipped greatly. my last few drafts have yielded such talents as:
                  2011 - WR Earl Bennett (i think) this may have been a 2nd round pick as i'm unable to see the draft that year, but i know i traded a pick away.
                  2012 - 1st = RB Doug Martin 2nd = WR Brian Quick
                  2013 - 1st = WR Tavon Austin 2nd = RB Alfred Morris 2nd (via trade) = WR Kenbrell Thompkins ( i was encouraged by his play during training camp and preseason and all the raving)
                  2014 - 1st = Kelvin Banjamin 2nd = RB LaMichael James

this is a dynasty league, so movement doesn't happen all that much outside of trades and the two round rookie draft at the beginning of the year. Rosters are 24 and we keep 22 per year.

i think i have been holding on to guys in the hopes that they've moved to the right system or that their previous season was just an anomaly. this has caused.....issues. lol

heading into this year, i had decided to cut bait with players who have been under performing or are in bad situations now. that said, i often find that there are no better options on the waiver (we use a FA bidding process during the year, but the bid is only to determine who gets the player instead of a waiver system).

some of the guys on my roster that i was planning on jettisoning this year in favor of getting out in front of the league and picking up some of the lesser heralded rookies are:
                  WR Stevie Johnson (now i'm rethinking because he now has a QB that will use the slot receiver in Rivers)
                  WR Andre Holmes (no real reason to keep him)
                  RB Chris Johnson (then he signs with Arizona)
                  WR Doug Baldwin (but he's shown promise.....but i'm thinking in he's in more of a possession role going forward)

i have amassed QB's (4 starters) because people keep dumping them. there is no real trade market because people seem to not get hit with the injury bug or they only need a one week replacement. my QB's are Bradford, Newton, Kaepernick, and Flacco (i am holding onto Cousins until RG3 is "determined" but he is on my dump list)

i was set to trade Falcco and keep Bradford (upside in Kelly's system) and Newton (for his running). i was going to entertain offers for Kaepernick, but with Newton losing Benjamin, i need a viable backup to go with Newton should Bradford go down again. Bradford has the most tools and i think the most promise IF he can stay healthy. Newton was going to be my primary starter as rushing TDs are worth more than passing (6 vs. 4) and Stewart is fragile.

the rest of my team is......uninspiring to say the least. i can provide my roster and scoring system in another post if necessary. i think the biggest thing i need to figure out is finding the breakouts that are "real" and not dumping FA $ on a guy who has a great week and then is a dud later.

thoughts?

Comment

Dump Holmes and Cousins. Keep Stevie. See what happens with CJ?K's injury but expect to cut him. Baldwin is much better in real football than fantasy and doesn't have much upside, so it depends on what else is out there. Trade Kaep if he gets off to a hot start.

Comment

ok. so the first moves of the season came in today. i was able to add some people i thought were better (or have better ceilings) than those they replaced. thoughts?

Dwayne Bowe - had an open roster spot
                      Chris Givens - dropped Holmes
                      Brandon McManus - dropped Novak
                      Brandon Coleman - dropped Baldwin
                      Deonte Thompson - dropped Titans Def

our FA process is $100 to bid on FAs instead of doing the whole waiver wire junk. i missed out on Matt Jones (i bid $32 and was outbid at $57), Ty Montgomery (i bid $19 and he went for $76)

some others out there I'm considering are Campanaro, Woodhead, and Darkwa. any other guys flying way under the radar that i might want to consider?

Comment

Woodhead is on your wire? If it's a PPR league, you have to grab him. Seeing he is on the wire, I'm assuming it's because it's not a PPR league.

Comment

correct, it's not a PPR league. here's my roster.

QB Sam Bradford, Phi QB
                          RB Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
                          WR/TE Anquan Boldin, SF WR
                          FLEX DeSean Jackson, Wsh WR P
                          FLEX Eric Decker, NYJ WR
                          FLEX Doug Martin, TB RB
                          D/ST Chargers D/ST D/ST
                          K Brandon McManus, Den K

BENCH
                          Bench Chris Johnson, Ari RB
                          Bench Stevie Johnson, SD WR
                          Bench Colin Kaepernick, SF QB