Junkies Mock Football Draft - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkies Mock Football Draft - Discussion Thread

Let's keep the discussion in this thread so that the draft thread doesn't get too messy.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

No complaints from Hornsby again I hope. Another high draft pick. Seems his bad luck of getting low picks is over.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I can't recall another year where there was absolutely no consensus on how the order of the first round should go. I can see a good case for any of about 6 or 7 guys at #1, Peterson being one of them of course.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        I can't recall another year where there was absolutely no consensus on how the order of the first round should go. I can see a good case for any of about 6 or 7 guys at #1, Peterson being one of them of course.
        I was tempted to go with a WR, but there are just so many good ones this year, and a true bell cow RB is going to be exceedingly rare, IMO.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Completely agree. Peterson had just as good a chance at going around #10 as he did going #1. I had him closer to #10, but like you said, a case could be made for any number of players.

Comment

I'm with Horns, as I was tempted to take Big Bens other favorite toy, but RB could get ugly in a hurry.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Bell would have been the consensus #1 if not suspended. He'll still go somewhere in the first in every 12-teamer. Where depends on which owners are confident enough that they can adequately replace him for 2 weeks.

Comment

With the suspension reduced, Bell should be a top 3 pick in every league.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Still isn't for me. I was wrong when I said he was missing 12.5% of the season. He's missing 23% of the fantasy season! That's nearly a quarter. No way would I select him with a high pick. I don't mind my opponents doing so, though.
                  Not sure of this new math you're using:

2 missed games / 13 regular season fantasy games = 15.4% of the season.

2 missed games / 16 regular season + fantasy playoffs = 12.5% of the season.

I don't know where this 23% you speak of comes from

If I'm only missing two games, I'm 100% confident I have done enough homework to adequately replace him, and then have the best RB in football for the rest of the year.

Comment

He may be factoring in the bye week.

Comment

Even with that, he misses 2/12 games, or 16.7%.

That being said, I was sorely tempted to take Jamaal Charles or Antonio Brown. Since we're not playing this out, I'm gonna use names.

Comment

Well, he was going to miss the bye anyway, so the net is only 2 out of 12.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Well, he was going to miss the bye anyway, so the net is only 2 out of 12.
                          Counting the bye is silly, considering every player's bye is during the fantasy regular season.

Comment

I'm sure that most people are aware of mock draft etiquette. After you make your draft pick, please send a PM to the next guy to let them know that they are on the clock.

Thanks.
                            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                            TE: Olsen (NA)
                            K: Lutz (7)
                            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

New phone. Thought I'd sent Piney a PM but still in inbox. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X