No announcement yet.

Junkies Mock Football Draft - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't decide if I wanted to go RB, WR or TE with my 2nd round pick. Decided to grab Julio because of the high number or targets the top WR in Kyle Shanahan's offense usually gets. Doesn't hurt that Roddy White is aging and the Falcons are questionable at RB and TE.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

In a real draft I would be ecstatic to have one of Brown, Dez, DT, OBJ, Calvin or Julio with one of my first two picks. I rank them pretty closely to each other. Nelson is the first guy in my second WR tier.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Griswold: How much did consistency play a role in your first two selections vs. positional considerations?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Griswold: How much did consistency play a role in your first two selections vs. positional considerations?
          He had D. Thomas ranked 2nd in consistency at the WR position (39 out of 48 games over the past 3 seasons, 13 out of 16 games in 2014). Nelson is ranked 6th (33 out of 48 games games over the past 3 seasons, 14 out of 16 games in 2014).

Comment

Murray lasted a lot longer than I thought he would.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              He was 1 of 2 RBs that I was looking at with the 2.03 pick. I decided to go WR-WR with my first two picks to see what kind of RBs I could get later in the draft. Also since we can start 4 WRs, I wanted to get 2 studs with Dez & Julio.

Comment

Judging from the FF boards I've been reading, he's being devalued quite a bit, perhaps more than he should be. Reasons include injury risk and sharing/reduction in touches.

I traded for him in my auction league so I think some of that is overblown.

Comment

Yeah, he's slipping and I think for valid reasons:

1. Immense workload last 2 years with a track record of not good health.
                  2. Not running behind that behemoth Dallas line.
                  3. Splitting carries with Mathews? Sproles and Mathews eating into passing downs?

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                    2.06 Rob Gronkowski TE NE
                    And there it is.

Does his insane advant6age over every other TE outweigh the disadvantage that losing out on a top tier WR or RB that early in the draft?

Comment

I knew that someone would grab Gronk soon. He was also a consideration for my 2nd round pick. Can't really argue with the value pick, a 1st round pick in many drafts.

Comment

I took a RB in round one so I had all my options available. If I took a WR I would have felt the pressure to get a RB. I'm ok waiting on WR once that top tier goes. You can get a decent group usually if you wait. It is a mock and I wanted to see how a team with Gronk would look.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                          Yeah, he's slipping and I think for valid reasons:

1. Immense workload last 2 years with a track record of not good health.
                          2. Not running behind that behemoth Dallas line.
                          3. Splitting carries with Mathews? Sproles and Mathews eating into passing downs?
                          I figured I'd have a shot at him in Rd 2, so pairing him with Forte is amazing. I'm interested to see what WRs I'll be able to nab in the later rounds.

As far as your points:
                          1 - he only had an immense workload last year
                          2 - true, that will hurt
                          3 - I'm largely unconcerned about this. Sproles + Polk had 100 carries last year, so if Mathews gets 75 and Sproles sticks to receptions and a small handful of carries, Murray should get the 320 handoffs McCoy landed last season. That's lower than Dallas, but that's baked into his lower value.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            I figured I'd have a shot at him in Rd 2, so pairing him with Forte is amazing. I'm interested to see what WRs I'll be able to nab in the later rounds.

As far as your points:
                            1 - he only had an immense workload last year
                            2 - true, that will hurt
                            3 - I'm largely unconcerned about this. Sproles + Polk had 100 carries last year, so if Mathews gets 75 and Sproles sticks to receptions and a small handful of carries, Murray should get the 320 handoffs McCoy landed last season. That's lower than Dallas, but that's baked into his lower value.
                            The Philly line is pretty good, too, (their early 2014 struggles were due to injuries and a suspension) so I think that part of things is way overblown. Philly also runs the most plays in the league, so while his % of carries will be down, the pie is bigger. #1 is the best point, given that he had a steady injury history before last year.

Comment

Depending on who FF took, I was going young WR-veteran RB or veteran WR-young RB. He ended up taking none of those four targets (I'm not a huge fan of Shady in PPR this year) so I had a decision to make, opting for the higher-ceiling combo since this is a mock.
                              Hill was the other RB I was considering.

Comment

My Tier Draft list ranks my WR's this year as follows:

1. Antonio Brown
                                2. Demaryius Thomas
                                3. Jordy Nelson

So, I took my #2 & #3.

Comment

Working...
                                X