Better Keeper - Kelce or Big Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Keeper - Kelce or Big Ben

12 team, Non-PPR, QB TDs are 4pts (everything else is 6)

Would you rather have:

Travis Kelce - 11th round keeper
    or
    Big Ben - 13th round keeper

Most of the TE's will be on the board (Gronk, Graham, etc all available). I think Luck and Wilson will be the only QB keepers.

Give me Ben. You can either draft a QB early or a TE early, usually it's not a good idea to draft both early. Taking Ben gives you a solid starter if you choose to wait on QB and take a stud TE early. Or you can just load up on RBs & WRs. I don't usually draft a back-up TE so for me Kelce would be my starter. I'd rather have Ben because I trust the Steelers offense more than I do the Chiefs.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

QB's are a dime a dozen, but Ben could be top three again, so yeah, keep him.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks guys - If this was 6pts/TD I think it would be a no brainer. Wasn't sure if the 4pt/TD lessened his impact.

Comment

Sorry, I'd take Kelce pretty easily.

If you pass on a top TE and wait on them, you may end up with the likes of Kyle Rudolph, Tyler Eifert or Larry Donnell as your starter -- essentially guys who could very quickly become waiver wire fodder and you'll be chasing TEs all season long. In a 12-team, 1 -QB league, if you wait on QBs, you'd still end up with an Eli Manning, Ryan Tannehill, Matt Stafford -- guys who could pass for 4,000+ yards and have 30+ TDs.

I love Big Ben in a redraft, where you can get Top 6 QB stats late, but I'm taking Kelce here every time.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Sorry, I'd take Kelce pretty easily.

If you pass on a top TE and wait on them, you may end up with the likes of Kyle Rudolph, Tyler Eifert or Larry Donnell as your starter -- essentially guys who could very quickly become waiver wire fodder and you'll be chasing TEs all season long. In a 12-team, 1 -QB league, if you wait on QBs, you'd still end up with an Eli Manning, Ryan Tannehill, Matt Stafford -- guys who could pass for 4,000+ yards and have 30+ TDs.

I love Big Ben in a redraft, where you can get Top 6 QB stats late, but I'm taking Kelce here every time.
            Agreed. Kelce should be a top 3 TE in a shallow TE pool. While I like Ben and am targeting him after the biggies are gone at the position, there's till value at QB to be had later unlike at TE

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
              Agreed. Kelce should be a top 3 TE in a shallow TE pool. While I like Ben and am targeting him after the biggies are gone at the position, there's till value at QB to be had later unlike at TE
              It is reasonable to choose either, but I lean Kelce because of this rationale.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                It is reasonable to choose either, but I lean Kelce because of this rationale.
                Hey, I have rationale! There's a first for everything!

Comment

Broken clock, twice a day, etc.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                  X