First Expert Mock Draft tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Expert Mock Draft tonight

Tonight I'm participating in my annual Lindy's Fantasy Magazine Expert Mock Draft.

It's a pretty solid group of experts, John Hansen, Andy Behrens, Scott Pianowski, Sigmund Bloom, brad Evans and Chet Gresham to name a few.

The scoring method to draft to is as follows:

1/25 pass
    1/10 run/rec

3pts/pass TD
    6pts/run/rec TD

NON-PPR

I have the #4 pick in the first round.

I'm assuming one of the four will fall to me:

Lacy, Lynch or Forte

All of them were over a 75% QSR (consistency rate), so I feel good about any of them.

There may be a chance that LeVeon Bell will fall as well.

The 3 pts per passing TD and 1/25 yards really diminshes the QB value so I'll wait to draft someone in Rounds 5-8.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

Hey, just my draft.

Gris

Remember, L. Bell is suspended for the first three games.

FBGs has Rob Gronkowski as the #1 overall pick -- any chance he goes top 3 here?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Remember, L. Bell is suspended for the first three games.

FBGs has Rob Gronkowski as the #1 overall pick -- any chance he goes top 3 here?
      Yeah, I'm aware of Bell's situation. If I draft him, I'll grab DeAngelo Williams later in the draft.

Gronk #1 overall????

Seriously????

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
        Yeah, I'm aware of Bell's situation. If I draft him, I'll grab DeAngelo Williams later in the draft.

Gronk #1 overall????

Seriously????
        He's the #1 player in the consensus re-draft rankings.

Comment

He's the #1 player in the consensus re-draft rankings.
          Yep, you're right!

I just checked....that's just absurd!

No one is going to pick Gronk before maybe #6 or #7 in any draft (PPR or not) this year.

If they do I'll let everyone know...lol

As smart as those guys are on that site, I'm really disappointed in those numbers.

I realize that it's mostly because two writers in those rankings listed Bell 13th and 15th skewing his overall average, but still that puts Gronk 2nd or 3rd at worst.

Comment

Here's my team...like? dislike?

1.04 Le'Veon Bell
            2.09 LeSean McCoy
            3.04 Aaron Rodgers
            4.09 Keenan Allen
            5.04 Greg Olsen
            6.09 Brandon Marshall
            7.04 Torrey Smith
            8.09 Darren McFadden
            9.04 Marques Colston
            10.09 Kendall Wright
            11.04 Matthew Stafford
            12.09 Seattle Seahawks
            13.04 Adam Vinatieri
            14.09 DeAngelo Williams

Comment

how many teams?

Comment

how many teams?
                12 teams

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Can you talk me through why you'd spend the 4th overall on a dude who's going to miss 20% of the season guaranteed?
                  Absolutely....in a Non-PPR last season, Bell was 15 of 16 in Quality Games (consistency), so even if he plays 13 games and goes 12 of 13, he earns more Quality Games than all about 3 RB's from last season.

I draft DeAngelo Williams in the last round to fill his spot and also grabbed Darren McFadden (who I'd assume what play for about 4 games and then get hurt...lol).

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                    Absolutely....in a Non-PPR last season, Bell was 15 of 16 in Quality Games (consistency), so even if he plays 13 games and goes 12 of 13, he earns more Quality Games than all about 3 RB's from last season.

I draft DeAngelo Williams in the last round to fill his spot and also grabbed Darren McFadden (who I'd assume what play for about 4 games and then get hurt...lol).
                    Yeah but most fantasy seasons are 13 games.....so Bell would only be able to play in 10 of them. And losing your first rounder for 3 games puts you behind the 8-ball in making the playoffs, so not sure I would count the final 3 games. I agree with ElD, #4 is high for a player out the 1st 3 weeks.

As far as your draft, wow -- if you knew you could have landed Stafford in Rd 11, I'm sure you'd take back Rodgers in Rd 3!

Comment

Yeah but most fantasy seasons are 13 games.....so Bell would only be able to play in 10 of them. And losing your first rounder for 3 games puts you behind the 8-ball in making the playoffs, so not sure I would count the final 3 games. I agree with ElD, #4 is high for a player out the 1st 3 weeks.

As far as your draft, wow -- if you knew you could have landed Stafford in Rd 11, I'm sure you'd take back Rodgers in Rd 3!
                      Well, with the scoring method being 3 pts per TD pass...Rodgers was tied with Luck at 81% QSR (consistency rate).....no other QB's were close other than Peyton and Brees and I'm not believing in their 2015 to match that.

Stafford QSR in that scoring method was 50% last year....and no, I did not think Stafford would be available in the 11th round...lol

Comment

Aren't we all wondering where Gronk went?
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                          Aren't we all wondering where Gronk went?
                          He was picked 5th overall...so the pick right after me.

BTW, Adrian Peterson went #1 overall and was picked by the Fantasy Guru, John Hansen.

Comment

I'm fine with the Rodgers pick but kind of hate the Bell pick. I honestly don't even know if he's a first round player, given his suspension.
                            I completely understand....I thought about picking Forte and in hindsight, I probably should have...but Bell was 45 points above Forte last season and Bell was 2nd and Forte was 4th in total points in Non-PPR format.

However, Bell was 92% consistent and Forte was 75% consistent.

If DeAngelo Williams even scores half of those points and earns a Quality Game or two in those 3 games, then Bell/Williams greatly outweighs Forte.

Comment

Well, you certainly mitigated the risk with a nice pick in Shady in round 2. And in a vacuum I do like Bell better than Forte but that suspension is tough. Losing your first rounder, even for three games, can dramatically impact your season.
                              Look at it this way...he doesn't have to worry if his 1st rounder will go down to an injury early in the season...

Silver Lining.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X