Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Graham to the Seahawks

per ESPN

The trade is Graham and a fourth-round pick to Seattle for C Max Unger and a first-round pick.

holy shit

Comment

Insanity.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Holy crap on a stick!

I'm assuming Graham's value goes down a tad. You simply can't replace the chemistry he had with Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
          Holy crap on a stick!

I'm assuming Graham's value goes down a tad. You simply can't replace the chemistry he had with Brees.
          Possibly. Wilson completed 285 passes to Brees' 456, so there's that......but it's not like Seattle has any real receiving threats (Baldwin led the team with 65 catches, next was Kearse with 38). Will Graham catch 85 passes again? It's certainly possible, and I wouldn't put anything past Wilson. Maybe with the addition of Graham he can become more of a passing threat.

Comment

it's not like seattle's first rounder will be that good - this trade is dumbfounding.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Possibly. Wilson completed 285 passes to Brees' 456, so there's that......but it's not like Seattle has any real receiving threats (Baldwin led the team with 65 catches, next was Kearse with 38). Will Graham catch 85 passes again? It's certainly possible, and I wouldn't put anything past Wilson. Maybe with the addition of Graham he can become more of a passing threat.
              True, a lot more "ifs" than if he was still in NO. He probably wasn't going to be a 1st rounder (like he was last year) anyway, but I don't think you can spend a 2nd on him this year

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                it's not like seattle's first rounder will be that good - this trade is dumbfounding.
                The Saints get a Pro Bowl center and a lot of salary relief.

Comment

My two cents as a lifelong Saints fan...

The Saints offensive line has been on a slow steady decline, with center play being the weak link. I can't recall a year where we had more trouble running the ball/pass protecting up the middle as this past year. Unger should really help with that.

In regards to Graham...he's a matchup nightmare, but he's a bit immature, not a good blocker, and there were whispers around the organization questioning his toughness/ability to play "hurt". The Saints locker room went to crap this year, and I suspect that Graham wasn't really a leader...more of a "me" player.

We don't have some of the rich history of other organizations in the NFL. The Payton/Loomis combo has been by far the most successful coach/GM combo in Saints history. I trust this regime and I beiieve that this move is a good one, despite the majority of the Who Dat nation saying otherwise.
                  "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    The Saints get a Pro Bowl center and a lot of salary relief.
                    Reported about $2 million cap relief.

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

Comment

ESPN is reporting "multiple" picks along with Unger
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Saints give up a 4th and get Seattle's 1st.

Comment

Definitely keeping Wilson in my auction league now ($16 in a $250 cap).
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                          X