Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk Jamies Winston, now that he is entering the draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk Jamies Winston, now that he is entering the draft.

I am an FSU fan, as I took classes there back in the 90's. I watch most of their games.

Winston looks like a can't miss QB to me.... except that he is a knucklehead. I don't know which team would draft him, but he looks like a good fit for several teams.... Thinking that whoever coaches the Jets might like to start with someone with his talent.... He would fit the Eagles system, I think, but I don't think Chip Kelly would take him.

Mike and Mike were talking this morning saying Tampa will take him #1 overall. Lots of off the field questions with Winston that may hurt him. It will probably come down to interviews between now and draft day. I think he could go #1 or could fall way, way down.

Comment

He won't slip past #2, unless he has a very poor workout.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        He won't slip past #2, unless he has a very poor workout.
        Are you saying ahead of Mariota, or that Mariota will be #1?

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
          Are you saying ahead of Mariota, or that Mariota will be #1?
          I think Mariota goes #1, but both QBs are the top two selections.

Comment

Two words: Jamarcus Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
              My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                Both may be knuckleheads, but only one of them is a big fat knucklehead -- and that could be the difference between success and failure.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  I don't think Winston goes #2 (or #1, obviously) even though I really hope he goes in the first 3 spots. I bet Tennessee goes with Williams (unintentional hilarity there on my part). I think Winston falls out of the top five altogether and maybe even further.
                  I don't think out of the top 10, but I'm thinking this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    My thoughts exactly.
                    I was also going to make the Jamarcus Russell comparison. It must be more obvious than i realized.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't think Winston goes #2 (or #1, obviously) even though I really hope he goes in the first 3 spots. I bet Tennessee goes with Williams (unintentional hilarity there on my part). I think Winston falls out of the top five altogether and maybe even further.
                      Do you think the Raiders would take him with the fourth pick?
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

If he falls to 6 I don't see him making it past the Jets.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Not a chance. Eh, but I guess there's always a chance with Mckenzie at the wheel.
                          I don't think so. I know you don't like McKenzie, but I think even he'd be smart enough to auction off that pick if Winston reaches the Raiders. I can't imagine the Jets taking any risk of Cleveland hopping ahead of them to take Winston.

If not, you should knock McKenzie out and replace him for the first two rounds like you did last year.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

If the Bears cut or trade Cutler and Winston falls to their #7 pick, I doubt they would take him.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              I was also going to make the Jamarcus Russell comparison. It must be more obvious than i realized.

Hall of Fame football writer Ray Diddinger was on the radio over the weekend talking about this, and his opinion was that Winston is too good a QB to be like Russell.... and then he went on to say that Winston is more NFL ready than Mariota.... But I think in the long run he was saying Mariota might be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X