Wild Card Week Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Card Week Discussion Thread

Several "experts" on ESPN picked the Cards over the Panthers. I liked Carolina before I saw the weather and even more so now. With a far superior running game and a capable NFL QB they have a distinct edge IMO.

Carolina 23-Arizona 13

AJ Green officially ruled out. Bump Sanu, Bernard and Hill (and maybe Gresham) in that order. Downgrade an already low Dalton and bump the Indy D.

Comment

Didn't watch the game, but a little surprised by PIT's ouster.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
        AJ Green officially ruled out. Bump Sanu, Bernard and Hill (and maybe Gresham) in that order. Downgrade an already low Dalton and bump the Indy D.
        Ouch Gresham is gonna be out too. This could be ugly for Cincy on offense.

Comment

Baltimore played really well yesterday, but that would have been a totally different game had Le'Veon Bell played. Indy is playing fairly well today, but Cincy has shown heart. If AJ green was in there this might be a different story as well.

Comment

Ouch Gresham is gonna be out too. This could be ugly for Cincy on offense.
            Even without the weapons...ya think Dalton may be done in Cincy?

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
              Even without the weapons...ya think Dalton may be done in Cincy?
              No. This wasn't his fault. I think he will be given a fair shot with a healthy Green, a developing Sanu, a healthy Gresham and Tyler Eifert as well as Marvin Jones plus Hill and Gio. He faced a lot of shortfalls in weapons this season and I think that'll buy him some leeway.

Comment

No. This wasn't his fault. I think he will be given a fair shot with a healthy Green, a developing Sanu, a healthy Gresham and Tyler Eifert as well as Marvin Jones plus Hill and Gio. He faced a lot of shortfalls in weapons this season and I think that'll buy him some leeway.
                Plus -- who's out there to replace him? They can't get any rookie QB who will step in right away, and any available QB will either have already failed (Ponder, Locker, Glennon, Geno, etc.) or is a veteran retread (Cutler, Sanchez, Hoyer, McCown, etc.) There's just no real great QBs who will be free agents. Maybe they try to get Manziel or RGIII? So Dalton may not be great, but until they have a chance to get a rookie QB with potential, I think he stays in Cincy.

Comment

4 straight 1st round exits with 1 TD/6 INT in the 4 games combined. Top scoring playoff game of the 4...13 points. Not saying all his fault...just that maybe a change couldn't hurt.

Comment

Dalton is a starting QB in this league, somewhere around 16-20. Cincy would need to at least to find a QB in that range to give up on him.

Besides, if they keep Lewis around, why not keep Dalton around.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Dalton is a starting QB in this league, somewhere around 16-20. Cincy would need to at least to find a QB in that range to give up on him.

Besides, if they keep Lewis around, why not keep Dalton around.
                      Certainly not saying I'm correct in this assumption...you guys probably follow and know a lot more about the NFL than I do currently...I just feel after 4 consecutive first round losses by approximately the same score...I would probably move on from Dalton.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Didn't watch the game, but a little surprised by PIT's ouster.
                        Baltimore won the game at the line of scrimmage, they were more physical in this game. Their D-Line got pressure on Roethlisberger and the Steelers D-Line did not get to Flacco enough. The Ravens O-Line also opened more holes for the running game although the Steelers run defense improved as the game went on. Early success in the running game let to a couple of really nice play action passes for Flacco. The Steelers needed Ben to play a really good game and he didn't. The Suggs interception was a killer because they had just gotten back into the game with a TD after the Forsett fumble. Then the Ravens scored a 20 yard TD (or so) on the very next play to put them back up by 15.
                        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                        TE: Olsen (NA)
                        K: Lutz (7)
                        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
                        X