2015 Fantasy Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Fantasy Draft Thread

hey, it's not too early to prepare. On the XM Fantasy Channel this morning, Tony Cincotta took ODB 5th(!) in their first experts' mock. I love the guy (ODB, not Cincotta), and after initially thinking he was a late 2nd rounder/early 3rd rounder, my friend (a Jets fan) tried to convince me he's a late 1st rounder. I could see that, but not sure I would pay that price.

So who's next year's Top 12? I think all QBs are out, since even mediocre QBs toss for 4,000+ yds, and Brees & Manning both had down seasons.

In no order:

RBs
    1 - Charles
    2 - Forte
    3 - L. Bell
    4 - D. Murray
    5 - Lacy
    borderline - McCoy, Lynch, Foster, J. Hill

WRs
    1 - D. Thomas
    2 - A. Brown
    3 - D. Bryant
    4 - Megatron
    5 - J. Jones
    borderline - ODB, Green, Cobb, Jeffery, M. Evans

TE
    1 - Gronk
    borderline - Graham

My Top 12 would be something like this:
    1 - Charles
    2 - Forte
    3 - L. Bell
    4 - Murray
    5 - Lacy
    6 - A. Brown
    7 - Bryant
    8 - D. Thomas
    9 - C. Johnson
    10 - Gronkowski
    11 - McCoy
    12 - J. Jones

I like ODB in the mid-2nd, Evans late 2nd. Rodgers is the top QB, and he's likely a late 2nd rounder.

Hard to argue with your top 12. As much as I am in love with ODB (and own him in a keeper league myself) I don't think I could make him a first-rounder yet on such a small sample size over those established producers you have listed in round 1. Jones would be the only one I'd maybe replace him with.

No way you can burn a first rounder on Graham again. Jeremy Hill is a guy I'd love to be able to grab in round 2.Foster had a great year but that body has a lot of miles on it. He had an amazing year and still missed 4 games. You just can't afford to take zeroes in 4+ weeks from your first rounder. Lynch will probably produce first round type number again but he won't do it on any of my teams.

CJ Anderson is a guy that might sneak in to round 1. Hell, Montee Ball was a first rounder in most leagues and he didn't do nearly as much the prior year as Anderson did the this year to justify a #1.

And, agree, no way I take a QB in round one (or round 2). Even Rodgers. Like you said, Ryan "Can't throw the ball longer than 15 yards" Tannehill threw for 4k this year, so waiting on a QB until round 5+, again, is a prudent strategy.

Comment

I've met Tony Cincotta and he acts like a Matthew Berry-wannabe!

He's always throwing out wild ideas hoping that at least one will get right so he can brag about it.

Anyways, I'll post mine tonight after I update my consistency stats but as of right now, I'd go with this:

RBs
      1 - L. Bell
      2 - D. Murray
      3 - Forte
      4 - Lynch
      5 - Charles
      borderline - Lacey, McCoy, Foster, J. Hill

WRs
      1 - A. Brown
      2 - D. Thomas
      3 - D. Bryant
      4 - J. Nelson
      5 - J. Jones
      borderline - ODB, Green, Cobb, Jeffery, M. Evans

TE
      1 - Gronk
      borderline - Graham, Olsen (only 6 pts behind Graham in same # of games)

My Top 12 would be something like this:
      1 - L. Bell
      2 - Murray
      3 - Forte
      4 - Lynch
      5 - Charles
      6 - A. Brown
      7 - D. Thomas
      8 - D. Bryant
      9 - J. Nelson
      10 - McCoy
      11 - J. Jones
      12 - Cobb

I believe Luck and Rodgers are the top QB's, and I'd be okay with getting them in the 3rd round or wait on Russell Wilson, who was just as consistent.
      Last edited by griswold; 12-29-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I think that C.J. Anderson & Jeremy Hill could be in the conversation for a late 1st round pick depending on how things go in the off season. They were the highest scoring RBs over the last 3 weeks of the season. They both have competition for touches (Gio in Cincinnati & Ball/Hillman in Denver) so neither is a sure thing first round pick.

Just noticed that Friar posted similar thoughts about Anderson & Hill. I obviously agree.

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
        Jeremy Hill is a guy I'd love to be able to grab in round 2.

CJ Anderson is a guy that might sneak in to round 1. Hell, Montee Ball was a first rounder in most leagues and he didn't do nearly as much the prior year as Anderson did the this year to justify a #1.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
          Just noticed that Friar posted similar thoughts about Anderson & Hill. I obviously agree.
          You should be scared

Comment

Forgot AJ Green, added him to the borderline 1st rounders.

As far as CJ Anderson, he was a beast but if everyone returns, then you still have Hillman AND Ball to deal with -- and that's too much competition for a 1st rounder. Same goes for Hill, who will still have Gio to kick around.

Lynch will be in a different uniform, so hard to say where he should go. I won't quibble with him being as high as #4, but if he ends up in a bleh offense (Jets, Raiders, Titans, etc.) or with another guy in town, I think he's back to being a borderliner.

What to make of Peterson?

Comment

The last rookie WR to produce like ODB was Randy Moss. And Randy Moss belonged as a 1st rounder for many years after that.

I would not take him as the first WR off the board. I will surely have Brown, Dez and Demaryius ranked ahead of him. But I'd consider him in the low 1st/high 2nd depending on how things fell.

Provided his knee is OK, I'd take Bell first overall if I had that pick. Youth + talent + opportunity is what you want in your RBs ideally. I might rank Lacy #2 for that reason. Charles, Forte, Murray, Hill, Lynch and McCoy will also get consideration from me in the 1st.

No TEs in the 1st for me next year. Too much injury risk, and too much risk of being thin at RB and/or WR. If Gronk is there in the 2nd, though...
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

ODB will have Cruz back next year as well as the re-energized Randle. He can slot all over the place, but I'd be hard-pressed to see a streak like this in him again. I'd think he's more of a 1300 yard receiver than a 1600-yd receiver. But a case can be made to draft him as high as 9th or so. Taking him 5th is really drinking the kool-aid.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Lynch will be in a different uniform
                  We don't know that for sure. If anything, the current chatter is leaning toward him staying.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    We don't know that for sure. If anything, the current chatter is leaning toward him staying.
                    I dunno -- Wilson will be getting a huge raise, and the Hawks surely want to retain their defensive core. Cutting Lynch saves them $5m in cap space, and they have a capable Turbin and Michael behind him. I think that much money dedicated to a position that many UDFAs can do well at, no matter how great Lynch is, could be a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I dunno -- Wilson will be getting a huge raise, and the Hawks surely want to retain their defensive core. Cutting Lynch saves them $5m in cap space, and they have a capable Turbin and Michael behind him. I think that much money dedicated to a position that many UDFAs can do well at, no matter how great Lynch is, could be a thing of the past.
                      I'm not sure of what their cap space will be (and I'm just too lazy to look it up) but I have to imagine that trading Harvin this year created some room - even with Wilson getting more dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                        I'm not sure of what their cap space will be (and I'm just too lazy to look it up) but I have to imagine that trading Harvin this year created some room - even with Wilson getting more dough.
                        It did - $21,131,030

Comment

Working...
                        X