Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Jim Tomsula to be named the 49ers HC.
    Said he plans to run the rock a lot. Gore is a free agent (and old) so stock up on Carlos Hyde?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      John Fox's interview with the Bears is today. Go Bears!
      It has been announced that John Fox is the new Bear's Head Coach.

Woo hoo!

The last time the Bears hired a head coach with experience as an NFL head coach was when George Halas rehired himself in 1946.

Comment

Three weeks after Doug Marrone opted out of his contract to coach the Bills, he signs on with the Jags to be their offensive line coach. And now there's talk that since he bungled his interview with the Jets so badly, that he may never be an NFL HC again. Talk about a major misjudgment.

Comment

“I haven’t heard any of that. I didn’t hear all of it. I heard a lot about most of it, but what I did hear, I did not hear any of that.”-Mark Trestman

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Three weeks after Doug Marrone opted out of his contract to coach the Bills, he signs on with the Jags to be their offensive line coach. And now there's talk that since he bungled his interview with the Jets so badly, that he may never be an NFL HC again. Talk about a major misjudgment.
            He's basically Bobby Petrino Part II. When you abandon a team like that, you can't expect another one to take you in.

From everything I've heard, he's as big of a dick as Belichick, without the track record to justify it and without the ability to get the players to buy into it.

I don't buy that he was ever a hot candidate after he quit on the Bills -- that was hype put out by his agent and the reporters (Schefter, Mortensen) who share the same agent. The Jets almost fell for it because they're the Jets.

I don't think he had much to do with why the Bills went 9-7. That was almost entirely to do with the defense, which he had nothing to do with. The offense was underwhelming, and the O-Line, which he spent a lot of time with personally, was the weakest part of the team aside from QB.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              I don't buy that he was ever a hot candidate after he quit on the Bills -- that was hype put out by his agent and the reporters (Schefter, Mortensen) who share the same agent. The Jets almost fell for it because they're the Jets.
              He was the OL coach for the Jets for four seasons, so Woody clearly knew the guy well.

Comment

And Woody's ability to evaluate football people is laughably bad.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  And Woody's ability to evaluate football people is laughably bad.
                  I'm no Jets fan, but they've had an under .500 record in only 5 seasons since Woody took the team over in '99. And he's only had three HCs in that time.

Comment

I know Woody (that sounds awful on so many levels). He's an offbeat guy - literally born a billionare from Johnson & Johnson money, so that shapes you.

He is involved, maybe too much so, but Rex Ryan was a good hire who got to 2 AFC title games immediately. His time expired.

The Idzik hire was a disaster, because Woody hired the same wonks who gave Michigan their last coach.

This time he went with Casserly and Wolf, and he got two highly-thought of GM/Coach hires.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I was sort of disturbed by the whole bills handling of their cheerleader lawsuit thing. not that it's why the head coach quit, but it makes you wonder. I wouldn't want to work for that organization either. fuck the bills. there's just no other way to put it even tho I wish there was. he did the right thing.

Comment

no responses in a few days? ok lets savage the bills for their behavior in this...let me elaborate.

so a lot of teams sexual harassed their cheerleaders. placed them in crappy working conditions. broke fair wage laws. and then when they finally filed suit, 6 other teams settled. done deal for them. but not the bills. the only team not to settle. the bills decided to attack the victim instead. and they went as far as disbanding their whole cheerleading squad. they tried to punish them instead. even when all the jills wanted to do was resolve it and get back to work. then the bills singled out the leaders and made them the enemy. even turned the old jills against the new ones.

that's right, the bills had no cheerleading squad this year. so I guess it's ok to abuse women as long as you're an owner or organization but not a player. the bills pulled the ultimate scumbag action with their cheerleaders. never will I root for them. what happened is unforgivable and that's why the head coach quit.

who deals with management more than the head coach? he knew what he was dealing with. and he's decided to go back to being an OL coach than deal with that.

Comment

For humiliations, and for hundreds of hours of work and practices, Alyssa and her fellow cheerleaders on the Buffalo Jills received not a penny of wages.

how a person can root for the bills after this I don't know. give me a good reason not to root for one and it's reason enough.

Comment

I wonder how the defense works of "yes, Goodell's signature is on the contract, but it's a stamp so he's not responsible."
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I like this comment to the article
                              Red Auerbach of the Boston Celtics fought the idea of cheerleaders for years until it was pointed out to him what a money-maker these squads are. When will they start having "Magic Mike" like male dancers for us female football fans?
                              why did Red not want cheerleaders? I bet he wanted it to be more sport than entertainment. im on board with that, tho basketball has the hottest cheerleaders.

not to digress but, I read some cool things about larry bird recently that I didn't know. Dominique Wilkins shares awesome Larry Bird trash-talk story
                              http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...y_bird_Celtics
                              “But when we were walking off the floor after that last game, Larry came up to me and said, ‘We both deserved to win this game. It’s unfortunate that one of us got to go home.

they also say was one of the first ones to call magic after he announced he had hiv. larry bird was alright.

Comment

Working...
                              X