So, How'd You Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, How'd You Do?

In my home $$$ league, I took third. I had a pretty tough year and really had to scramble just to make the playoffs. Mainly, injuries killed me.

Here's my roster at the beginning of the year (start, 1QB, 1RB, 2 WR, 2 WR/RB, 1 TE)

QB - Newton, Roethlisburger
    RB - Vereen, Spiller, Pearce, Dunbar
    WR - Green (keeper), Jeffrey (keeper), Desean Jackson, Wallace, Hunter, Baldwin
    TE - Graham (keeper)
    K - Bailey
    DL - Greg Hardy, Cameron Jordan
    LB - Burfict, Laurinitis, Briggs
    DB - Reid, Mathieu

End of year roster:

QB - Newton, Romo
    RB - Vereen, Crowell, Stewart, West, Andre Williams
    WR - Jeffrey, Desean Jackson, Mike Evans, Beckham, Stills
    TE - Graham
    K - Dawson
    DL - Cameron Jordan
    LB - Laurinitis, Barr, Carter, Clowney, Lofton
    DB - Chancellor

As you can see, more than half of my roster turned over. And, of those guys, Barr and Clowney didn't even finish the year. We have a 10 move cap and I had to scramble and make some trades to gain some moves. Picking up Beckham allowed me to move AJ Green for some moves.

I lost in the semi finals by 3 points because Lofton and Jordan combined for 2 whole points. If I would have advanced to the finals I would have won.

Here's my season in a nutshell: Fred Jackson goes down with a groin injury. Yay! Spiller is the man. Next play he breaks off a 50+ yard run and promptly breaks his collarbone. The Bills don't place him on season-ending IR, so I am not able to use our one free IR move. So I have to spend one of my 10 picks on to replace him.

We can carry over 3 players in to next year and with our league being a little more receiver friendly, I'm leaning on Beckham, Evans and Jeffrey - and will try to trade Graham to move up in the draft.
Working...
X