Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not saying Foles is done playing for the Eagles, but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not saying Foles is done playing for the Eagles, but.......

according to CBS Sports, there is some thought that he might be....

Report: Eagles GM 'soured' on Nick Foles before collarbone injury
    By John Breech | CBSSports.com
    November 4, 2014 7:59 pm ET

If Nick Foles doesn't return to play for the Eagles in 2014, there's a chance he'll never play for the team again. According to NJ.com, Eagles general manager Howie Roseman has "soured" on Foles and doesn't see the quarterback in the team's long-term future.

"I think Howie is looking at quarterbacks," a source told NJ.com. "He's kind of soured on Foles, and I don't think he's alone. The organization isn't sold that he's the guy going forward."

He's been pretty awful this year except for the Washington game. But he's under contract for next year and Sanchez isn't. Might come down to how Sanchez does.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Foles was coronated way too soon, so I kind of agree with the GM. The WAS game was right after DeAngelo Hall went out for the season in the WAS secondary, too, and they aren't exactly "fast-reacting." Plus that was a weird game where Cousins did really well also.

Sanchez is a "manager." Eagles might be ok with him this year, but don't fall in love.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        The WAS game was right after DeAngelo Hall went out for the season in the WAS secondary, too, and they aren't exactly "fast-reacting." Plus that was a weird game where Cousins did really well also.
        It WAS the game where Hall got hurt. But both QBs were lighting it up all game, as both secondaries leave much to be desired.

Sanchez is a "manager."
        He WAS a manager. The Jets forced him to be that, because they were designed to win with defense and the QB's role was not to take chances and not to screw up. Also, he had crappy receivers much of his time there. The Eagles are a much different situation. Their offense is what drives them and the QB is needed to make big plays a few times a game. They did not change a thing when Sanchez came in for Foles last week, and they won't going forward. Will Sanchez take advantage of that? We don't know, but his Jets history has no bearing on it.

Comment

On the surface, I think Sanchez looks to fit the Chip Kelly system better than Foles, IMO. He's faster and more mobile. That said, I am not exactly excited by the thought of him at QB.... I guess mostly, I am wondering, is who will be the QB next season if Foles is not here, and Sanchez isn't very good? I don't think Barkley will be given a shot to start. And I don't know of any decent FA QB's that will be available.... I heard that Newton will be available, but honestly, I just don't want him as the Eagles QB.

Comment

Foles will be there next year, he's under contract through 2015. The only way he's not is if Sanchez is a stud and the Eagles choose to re-sign him and trade Foles.

Comment

contracts mean nothing in the NFL.

Comment

They're not cutting him. Competent QBs are hard to find, you just don't let someone who has been one go when he's still on his rookie deal. The only way he's gone is if he gets traded, and I already addressed that.

Comment

Well, I never said they would cut him, just that the possibility exists.... or they could trade him.

Comment

brace yourselves for the lunacy, Eagles fans:

@AndrewSiciliano pts out Mark Sanchez has won more playoff games as a starting QB (4) than Luck, Romo, Palmer, Dalton, & Ryan combined.

also he won more than Fouts or Esiason.

yes, we are giving bonus pts for failing to even win a division, you can play a weaker "division winner," having a good defense and a less clueless coach - and if you are so good that your team gets a bye into the 2nd rd - sorry, winning a prelim game is worth more than being that good, in the eyes of lunatics.

Sanchez is NOT a bad QB. but his "won four playoff games so he's better than insert better QB here" thing is cherry-picking cubed.

UPDATE: Jets beat guys noting tonite how uptempo, single-read stuff is right up Sanchez's alley. would suck for him if he got a bye and didn't credit for an extra playoff win.
                    Last edited by Judge Jude; 11-10-2014, 10:09 PM.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Cam Newton has looked pretty good for the Eagles tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by waltsanity View Post
                        cam newton has looked pretty good for the eagles tonight.
                        lmfao

Comment

Has there been another weekend where all three prime time games were as lopsided as this?

Comment

Working...
                          X