Peterson's Value ROS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterson's Value ROS

Just wondering what the chances are that Adrian Peterson plays again this season? He was dropped in my 14 team 0.5PPR league.

Is he a better add than an injured Fred Jackson? It sounds like Jackson could be back in Week 11 but Peterson's status is a little more up in the air.

Who would you add, Peterson or Jackson?
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

The Peterson situation is all up to Roger Goodell, who is impossible to predict.

The most logical thing is to give him a "retroactive suspension": Time served, fine of 6 game checks, he's reinstated after the bye.

But who knows if that's what Goodell will actually do, because there is no rhyme or reason to anything he does. And then there's the question of whether the Vikings will welcome him back, or whether there will still be pressure from politicians and sponsors.

If you are willing to make the high risk/high reward play, go with Peterson. If you are not, go with Jackson. Not sure why Jackson is on the WW, it was never implied that he would be out for more than a month.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I still think he'll miss the entire year, but as a gamble, sure I'd punt FJax for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        If you are willing to make the high risk/high reward play, go with Peterson. If you are not, go with Jackson. Not sure why Jackson is on the WW, it was never implied that he would be out for more than a month.
        Not sure if either will get to me with the #14 waiver claim. Would you rank AP & F. Jackson above Sims for ROS? I assume so.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Not sure why Jackson is on the WW, it was never implied that he would be out for more than a month.
          Well another owner just dropped Rashad Jennings because he's stupid and has bye week problems. However, Jennings won't be available to add until next week's waivers (November 13th) but I doubt that I have any chance to grab Jennings next week.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
            Not sure if either will get to me with the #14 waiver claim. Would you rank AP & F. Jackson above Sims for ROS? I assume so.
            Yes, we have no idea how Sims will be used. We know exactly how AP and FJax will be used if they get on the field.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

My guess is that the Vikings don't want him back on the field at this point, he's still pretty toxic. And they're not going to have him back next season, so why even go through the whole charade again? The smartest thing to do is to go behind the scenes to the league, appeal to them to make the 6 game suspension start now, and essentially the clock runs out on the season.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Well, this means almost nothing, but I just read that his attorney is pushing for a week 11 return to the NFL.

Comment

I went with 1. AP, 2. F. Jackson & 3. Sims

Ironically the guy that drafted and then dropped AP got him back. I ended up with F. Jackson and Sims went unclaimed.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
                    Well, this means almost nothing, but I just read that his attorney is pushing for a week 11 return to the NFL.
                    You're right, it turned out to mean nothing...and, as far as I can see, there is no set timetable for this process.

The NFL advised the Vikings running back this afternoon that he will be reviewed for potential discipline under the NFL’s personal conduct policy after he entered into a plea agreement in Texas, avoiding jail time by pleading no contest to a misdemeanor for recklessly injuring his 4-year-old son.

The league has requested that Peterson “submit relevant information regarding his case and meet with designated experts who will make recommendations for the Commissioner’s consideration,” according to a league spokesman. Peterson will also have the opportunity to have a hearing with the NFL — presumably with commissioner Roger Goodell — before any discipline is handed down.

In the meantime, Peterson will remain on the commissioner’s exempt list, keeping his status for the Week 11 game against the Bears — and potentially the rest of the 2014 season — in doubt.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Peterson has been suspended for the rest of the season without pay.

This could get interesting for the NFL.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                        Peterson has been suspended for the rest of the season without pay.

This could get interesting for the NFL.
                        Here'a link to Adam Schefter's tweet:

Comment

The NFL really had no other choice. Those pictures (of AP's kid's legs) are so disturbing and equal to the Rice video, IMO. Rather they try to defend an appeal/lawsuit by AP than a public outcry if they reinstated him.

As a McKinnon owner, I'm happy with this decision. However, putting my fantasy joy aside, hopefully AP can get some help and understand that beating your kid with a switch is not Kosher. Don't give me the "it's a southern thing and it's how we were raised" defense. Michael Vick was also raised not knowing that torturing and murdering dogs was wrong and it's a normal day-to-day thing, too.

If you would have asked me 4 years ago if beating your kid to make them "learn" was right, I might have agreed. However, now, looking at my daughter, there's no way I could ever lay a hand/switch/branch/etc... to her to this degree (not above an occasional swat on the behind that would hardly be enough to squash a fly). If you need to beat your child to this degree to get them to "act right", IMO you're just a sadistic SOB looking for a reason.

Sorry, didn't mean to go down this rabbit hole.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Damnit. What was I thinking trading for this guy?
                            Proving once again, we're all fantasy sports whores.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Damnit. What was I thinking trading for this guy?
                              Yup. Gave up a 4th rd pick next year for a player that never played this year and is not keepable.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                              X