Another Waiver Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Waiver Question

Roster in signature. Would you drop Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde or Pierre Garcon for any of these waiver wire guys?

I've been holding onto Hill & Hyde because I think that they would both be studs if Bernard or Gore miss any time. Gore is old and Bernard has been banged up (rib & hip injuries) the past 2 weeks. Also holding both because another contender has Gore & Bernard on his roster. He hasn't responded to my emails asking if he had interest in either guy. Garcon has been disappointing but RGIII is coming back soon and he seems to prefer Garcon.

RBs
    F. Jackson: Injured but will he be the primary RB in Buffalo now that Spiller is out for the season. Good playoff schedule in Week 15 & 16.
    P. Thomas: Also injured. Will he regain his passing RB position when he returns or does Cadet cut into his time?
    Sims: Wildcard rookie. Could grab starting RB position in Tampa.

WRs
    J. Hunter: Big, fast young receiver that is said to have a nice rapport with Mettenberger and his big arm.
    Patterson: Seemed like the Vikings were trying to get the ball to Patterson last week. Another size/speed freak.
    M. Bryant: Huge redzone target and seems to be clicking with Ben the past 2 weeks (3 TDs). Yet another big, fast young WR.
    Moncrief: Looked great in Week 8 while helping to fill the void left by Wayne's injury. Did he do enough to move ahead of Nicks into the WR3 spot?
    Matthews: Probably needs a Maclin injury to become a factor.

Thanks in advance.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

I would pick up Fred Jackson. Can you drop your 2nd defense?

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
      I would pick up Fred Jackson. Can you drop your 2nd defense?
      I could drop Buffalo's DEF since they are on a bye. I'm a little nervous to do so though because I don't want another team to grab them. Our league give 2pts for sacks (instead of the normal 1pt per sack) so the Bills are currently tied with the Lions as the #3 DST in our league (averaging 12.1pts per game). The Bills are also leading the league in sacks (28) & Ints (12) although they haven't had their bye week yet. I had planned on holding the Bills one more week and then dumping the Chiefs after their good match-up this week (vs NYJ).

Since I've been in 1st place the entire year, I've constantly had the #14 waiver position (our league's waivers reset each week to inverse standings). I drafted the Rams but have been streaming DSTs since I realized that STL sucked.

Any other guys that you like?
      Last edited by jwlincy; 10-29-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I'd drop Hill & Hyde and pick up FJax and Patterson, if you could.

Comment

Considering Bernard has suffered injuries the past three weeks, I'd hold on to Hill. I agree with Revo to pick up Jackson for Hyde. I don't think Patterson is a must-add considering you have Garcon on the bench. I don't see any reason you need to pick up Sims; your roster is stacked, no need to use up a spot on a purely speculative pick IMO.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Wrong thread. Ooops.
            Last edited by jwlincy; 10-29-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I'd also drop Hyde for Jackson. The other ideas mentioned are things to consider, but I'd start with this move.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
              X