• Wilson/Allen for Luck/Edelman?

14-team PPR, all TDs 6. $250 cap.

I have been offered:

Luck $31 for 2015
    Edelman $16 for 2015

for:

Wilson $16 for 2015
    K. Allen $13 for 2015

In your opinion, does this significantly help me this year? I've got plenty of keeper possibilities for 2015 (we can keep up to 4), so that's not a huge consideration for me.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

I think it helps you slightly but not significantly.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Luck has been 10%-20% above the next group of QBs, which includes Wilson. But Wilson has also run far more than expected, so I am expecting his numbers to come down a bit. I would do the deal.

Comment

I'd take the Luck/Edelman side. Good luck!
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

I'd take Luck/Edelman without considering keepers.

But considering keepers, I'd think having Luck rather than Wilson/Allen gives you a better shot at trading for keepers later in the year, as Luck may be a good piece for a contender, in case your team tanks. Wilson $16 seems like the best keeper of the group, but I bet Luck could get a better keeper.

Comment

Our trade deadline is the end of week 10, I'm not gonna dump Luck after 2 weeks.

Comment

Did you make the deal? Edelman didn't do anything this week but Wilson wasn't the greatest either.
              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
              TE: Olsen (NA)
              K: Lutz (7)
              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Since Allen had already played when the trade was offered, which might have screwed things up logistically for this week, we agreed to revisit it once this week's games are over.

Now, my team lost again and is 3-5 (making the trade before this week's games would not have made a difference), and is also out Brian Quick for the season (My WRs are Allen/Benjamin/Wallace/Britt while Wayne recovers). I probably have to run the table or close to make the playoffs, and I play the top team in the league this week. Allen is trending up while Edelman is trending down (four dud games in a row as NE has shifted to a more vertical passing attack.) So I am inclined to let it ride with what I have.

If I don't make the deal, my keepers are 4 of:

Wilson $16, Allen $13, L. Miller $20, Benjamin $25*, Taliaferro $6*, Ivory $8, Rainey $7, Quick $8.

If I make the deal, my keepers are 4 of:

Luck $31, Edelman $16, L. Miller $20, Benjamin $25*, Taliaferro $6*, Ivory $8, Rainey $7, Quick $8.

* -- If we keep 4, at least 1 must have been a rookie the previous year, so if I keep 4, at least 1 must be Benjamin or Taliaferro.

QBs don't go for much in the auction. This year the most expensive were Rodgers for $35 and Brees for $34 (Peyton was kept).

Comment

You had said keeping him was not front of mind because you had at least four options, but in seeing who you listed, Luck has to be considered far, far better than anything you have.

Comment

After two more losses in which Luck wouldn't have made a difference, I ended up dumping myself, dealing Shady for Julius Thomas, who is $12 next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X