Matt Ryan - ROS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ryan - ROS

I drafted Matt Ryan as my QB1 this year in my local 14 team league (4pts per passing TD) but grabbed Russell Wilson to back him up. Just wondering about Ryan going forward this season. The Falcons have a bunch of injuries on their OL and it has affected Ryan's play.

Would you rank any of the following guys over Ryan for ROS?

Stafford - Trade
    Foles - Trade
    Roethlisberger - Trade
    Palmer - Trade
    Dalton - Trade
    Eli - Trade
    Flacco - Trade
    Tannehill - Trade
    Orton - Trade
    RGIII - Waivers
    Glennon - Waivers
    A. Davis - Waivers
    Locker - Waivers
    Hoyer - Waivers
    Carr - Waivers
    Fitzpatrick - Waivers
    G. Smith - Waivers

Or should I just drop Ryan for depth at another position & roll with Wilson? Then pick up a guy from waivers if Wilson gets injured?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Ryan will turn it around and using Wilson in the short term seems ok
    none of the waiver guys are better
    Stafford might be better - what kind of trade would you do?

This is a short week and I have no idea how the England thing impacts Ryan - I might start Dalton instead for just this week

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Ryan will turn it around and using Wilson in the short term seems ok
      none of the waiver guys are better
      Stafford might be better - what kind of trade would you do?

This is a short week and I have no idea how the England thing impacts Ryan - I might start Dalton instead for just this week
      Looking at the QB trades, I'd be offering Ryan for Stafford straight up. Both QBs are struggling right now. I think that Ryan's struggles are based on the injuries on his OL while Stafford's struggles are based on Calvin Johnson's injury. With Calvin expected to be back soon, I have a little more faith in Stafford going forward.

Comment

Since dropping Ryan for another waiver QB isn't a real option, would you trade Ryan for any of the following QBs in a 1 for 1 deal?

Stafford - Trade
        Foles - Trade
        Roethlisberger - Trade
        Palmer - Trade
        Dalton - Trade
        Eli - Trade
        Flacco - Trade
        Tannehill - Trade

Comment

I sent an offer to the Stafford owner. I give Garcon (11.0pts per game) & Ryan (18.9pts per game), I get B. Marshall (11.2pts per game) & Stafford (17.3pts per game). I fully expect that he'll reject the offer. Then I could counter with either Garcon/Ryan for Dalton/B. Marshall or just Ryan for Stafford.

Thoughts?

Comment

Ryan's O-Line issues have gotten so bad that he may not be much of a viable fantasy starter for the rest of the year. I certainly don't expect him to do well this week; Detroit's exceelent front 7 should dominate the Atlanta OL. You can try to deal him, but if nothing pans out, there's nothing wrong with rolling with Wilson for the rest of the year and cutting Ryan for help elsewhere if needed.

Obviously we can't expect 40+ points from Wilson every week, but the Seattle D and O-Line are not what they used to be, so Wilson may well be running and throwing more than expected for the rest of the year.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              Ryan's O-Line issues have gotten so bad that he may not be much of a viable fantasy starter for the rest of the year. I certainly don't expect him to do well this week; Detroit's exceelent front 7 should dominate the Atlanta OL. You can try to deal him, but if nothing pans out, there's nothing wrong with rolling with Wilson for the rest of the year and cutting Ryan for help elsewhere if needed.

Obviously we can't expect 40+ points from Wilson every week, but the Seattle D and O-Line are not what they used to be, so Wilson may well be running and throwing more than expected for the rest of the year.
              Would you deal Ryan (in a 1 for 1 deal) for any of the following QBs?

Stafford - Trade
              Foles - Trade
              Roethlisberger - Trade
              Palmer - Trade
              Dalton - Trade
              Eli - Trade
              Flacco - Trade
              Tannehill - Trade

Or would you offer Ryan/Garcon for Dalton/B. Marshall?

Comment

magic 8 ball says
                http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/projections/qb.php

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                  Would you deal Ryan (in a 1 for 1 deal) for any of the following QBs?

Stafford - Trade
                  Foles - Trade
                  Roethlisberger - Trade
                  Palmer - Trade
                  Dalton - Trade
                  Eli - Trade
                  Flacco - Trade
                  Tannehill - Trade

Or would you offer Ryan/Garcon for Dalton/B. Marshall?
                  In your situation, I would play Wilson over any of those guys most weeks.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    In your situation, I would play Wilson over any of those guys most weeks.
                    I agree. But would any of the trade targets be an upgrade over Ryan for ROS as a QB2?

Comment

I agree. But would any of the trade targets be an upgrade over Ryan for ROS as a QB2?
                      After his week 9 bye, Ryan's matchups are pretty good. If the line continues to be this awful, then he's not going to perform well. But, offensive lines generally improve over time as they get to work together so I'm hopeful and am not trying to move him. I picked up Carson Palmer and streamed him last week and plan to start him this week as well.

In your situation, why are you that concerned about your QB2? One of them will be available if Wilson gets hurt, and other than Stafford I wouldn't start any of them over Ryan.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I sent an offer to the Stafford owner. I give Garcon (11.0pts per game) & Ryan (18.9pts per game), I get B. Marshall (11.2pts per game) & Stafford (17.3pts per game). I fully expect that he'll reject the offer. Then I could counter with either Garcon/Ryan for Dalton/B. Marshall or just Ryan for Stafford.

Thoughts?
                        I just don't see why the other owner would do any of these three offers.

Marshall is the best player in offer 1, and Ryan is not a help.

If he has Stafford, he'd still play him over Ryan in offer 2, and is still losing Marshall, so no dice here either.

And not sure how offer 3 helps him.

You have Wilson, that should be enough of a blessing. Leave Ryan as your backup in case of injury, but his value in a 1-QB league is not much higher than a waiver wire body, unfortunately.

Comment

When I saw the thread title was Matt Ryan - ROS, I thought jwlincy made a typo and meant to put "P" instead of "R"...

I'd take Stafford straight up. I think his numbers improve further once Megatron comes back, and you can start Wilson for the next couple weeks until that happens.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                          X