Survivor pick for week 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor pick for week 8

Who would you take to win of these teams?

DET over ATL in London
    CLE over OAK at home
    KC over STL at home
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Clv
    KC
    Det
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I think that I like Cleveland the least out of those choices after the egg that the Browns laid against Jacksonville last week.

KC at home is a good bet. #1 ranked DEF against a team with OL & DEF problems sounds good too.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Yes, but the Raiders are simply terrible and will not win that game.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I've concluded Atlanta is actually Greek for "we have no pass defense". I'd take the Lions first. And then Cleveland because Oakland really is so bad that Cleveland could play as badly as they did last week and still likely win against the Raiders.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Cleveland at home will win that game. KC should win, but the Rams beat Seattle. Are Rams that good or were they at home vs. division opponent and are in for a let down? I would go with that was a huge upset and KC will win. I hope to not have to pick Detroit in my survivor pool. They can beat a really good team on the road and then lose to a bad team at home the next week.

Comment

Who did you go with? All 3 of the teams that you listed above won although Detroit (who I recommended) barely squeaked by.

Comment

I went with DET in my big pool and CLE in my small one.

The big pool lost about 2/3 of remaining players, all but one of whom took Dallas (one of whom took the Jets for some reason) and is down to 24 from an intial 341 entries.

The small pool, which is with some folks from my FF auction league, had all 4 remaining poolsters survive. Everyone took CLE or CIN.

This week, taking SEA in the big pool but already used them in the small pool, so CIN is the pick there.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  I went with DET in my big pool and CLE in my small one.
                  Wow! Glad that the Lions worked out for you. Good thing that Atlanta spit the bit in the 2nd half. I bet you were sweating it out BIG time during that game. Game winning FG with 0:04 left of the clock. Yikes!!

Comment

Indeed I was. I missed most of the second half but got back in time to see the score 21-19 and the Lions driving.

The office has a loser pool (the reverse of a survivor pool, pick the loser each week) starting up this week. The one from the beginning of the season ended last week and there was enough interest in doing a new one. I won last year's, but fell in Week 1 of the first one this year (KC didn't show up at home vs. TEN).

If multiple people are still alive at the end of week 17, the pot is split. I have mapped out this strategy:

Week 9: NYJ (@KC)
                    Week 10: NYG (@SEA)
                    Week 11: STL (vs. DEN)
                    Week 12: JAX (@IND)
                    Week 13: WAS (@IND)
                    Week 14: BUF (@DEN)
                    Week 15: OAK (@KC)
                    Week 16: ATL (@NO)
                    Week 17: TEN (vs. IND) or TB (vs. NO)

Comment

Working...
                    X