Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Fantasy Football

WTF??!!

In the last 4 weeks, my team is 1-3....in the 3 losses, I was outscored by 11.1, 0.8 and yesterday, 1.1

Here's the breakdown:
    In week 4, Ridley screwed me by going for 3 points
    In week 6, Bryant gives me 8 and Lacy gives me 6.8
    This week, Jeffrey gives me an outstanding 1 point
    Here's the thing, in every one of those losses, I had a player or two on the bench that I would have had no business starting at the time

Week 4, Vereen and Benjamin...now, one could argue that Benjamin should have started over Wallace and given me 5 more points, but ARI was playing F'n OAK
    Week 6, Ellington or Forsett instead of Lacy...now mind you, Lacy was playing MIA, but he just had that HUGE game the week before...also, had Benjamin and Floyd on my bench, but would NEVER have started them over Bryant.
    Week 7, again, matchups, but Vereen and Lacy on the bench and started Forsett (against ATL, mind you...most would have started him too!!!), then any of OBJ, Floyd or Benjamin instead of Jeffrey....but, I can't think of anyone who would have started any of those three over Jeffrey.

Who would have thought Taylor gets the two rushing TDs from in close for Arizona, injury be damned.
    All I needed was 1 more catch by Jeffrey for 1+ f'n yard, 1 more rush for 4 yds by Forsett, 1 more catch for 4+ yds for Wallace or for Rivers not to throw that f'n INT with 21 seconds to go

Let me repeat...I hate this F'n game!!!!

I know I posted this in another thread, but is my team really a 2-5 team??? This is a pretty damn good roster, no??!!
    Rivers/Romo
    Lacy/Ellington/Oliver/Vereen/Forsett
    Bryant/Jeffrey/Wallace/Floyd/OBJ/Benjamin
    Bailey
    Streaming TE and D

Fantasy football blows. No rhyme or reason to the scoring each week. Score 125 points and lose even though your team outscores every single other team.

A FF team could actually lead his/her league in points scored and go 0-12..or 0-13 or 0-14. yeah that's sweet.

Never play this game for money!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Never play this game for money!
      Or find a league that rewards total points and/or all-play record.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Or find a league that rewards total points and/or all-play record.
        true.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

In this case, Mith's analogy that it's all luck does come closer to the truth.

Of course, it's easier for me. I just play FFL as a hobby to bide time until it's prep time for fantasy baseball. And I readily admit I'm terrible in FFL.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I just put up 70 points in a 10 team league, and easily scored the 2nd worst score of the week for my league.

My opponent? The only team that scored worse than me.

I LOVE Fantasy Football!
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

We switched our 6th playoff spot to the team not in on record that has the most points scored, so if a good team on paper has bad luck, they're likely still in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
              X