Harvin Traded to the Jets, per Glazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvin Traded to the Jets, per Glazer

for a conditional draft pick. Nice move by the Jets!

so he made about $1.8M per game he played for Seattle.

Comment

Is it a bonus for Harvin owners? That's what matters to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
        Is it a bonus for Harvin owners? That's what matters to me.
        Id say not. At a bare minimum you lose an additional two weeks of Harvin because of this trade, this week because the jets already played and the jets bye. In addition to that geno smith... If I have to explain further you haven't watched the jets play yet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
          Id say not. At a bare minimum you lose an additional two weeks of Harvin because of this trade, this week because the jets already played and the jets bye. In addition to that geno smith... If I have to explain further you haven't watched the jets play yet this year.
          ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
            Not a Jets fan, but looked like they gave the Pats all they wanted on Thursday.

Comment

apparently no more guaranteed money for Harvin, so just a tryout. also gives Jets a look at Geno w another weapon (when healthy), and SEA gets rid of a cancer. apparently few teams have cap room to take Harvin, so limited options. Harvin did have big Super Bowl win on Jets home field (ok, and Giants) on Feb. 2.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Harvin is the ultimate tease...he looks so good at time, but he rarely produces. Injuries, Illnesses, and attitude...good luck Jets, you're gonna need it.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Yeah, they're not that bad a team at all, imo.
                  Their front seven is top notch, o-line is pretty good and they can run the ball. But the secondary is a disaster and Geno is a bonehead

Comment

The Jets are not good at passing the ball and defending the pass, which is death in today's NFL.

Fantasy-wise, it can't be any worse than it was for him in Seattle. The Jets will target the hell out of him.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      The Jets are not good at passing the ball and defending the pass, which is death in today's NFL.

Fantasy-wise, it can't be any worse than it was for him in Seattle. The Jets will target the hell out of him.
                      Which means that he'll get hurt...quickly. Or think that he's hurt, and then get all pissed when the Docs can't find anything wrong with him. To use the old baseball cliche, million dollar arm, 10 cent head.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Well, this really screwed me.... we start 3 WR, and Harvin was one of 3 for this week..... I have 1 on bye, and Calvin, who won't be playing, I am sure, and I have Gordon on the bench.... and we can't pick anybody up for the rest of the week.

Comment

now, with fist fights!
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
                            Well, this really screwed me.... we start 3 WR, and Harvin was one of 3 for this week..... I have 1 on bye, and Calvin, who won't be playing, I am sure, and I have Gordon on the bench.... and we can't pick anybody up for the rest of the week.
                            I almost traded Garcon for Harvin this week. Then I would have had to start Hyde at Flex.
                            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                            TE: Olsen (NA)
                            K: Lutz (7)
                            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
                            X