X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Reverse the colours and rename the infographic:

Most common periods for martial sex.

The difference between the first week of Sept and the rest is interesting. It's fairly well known that kids born in the summer have a considerable development head start on their class mates. The cut off in the UK used to be July 1st. I'd imagine some parents will target that, but that can't be the full explanation.
    The first week of Sept is lighter because of Labor Day weekend. All the US holidays look to be a shade lighter.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
      The first week of Sept is lighter because of Labor Day weekend. All the US holidays look to be a shade lighter.
      Excellent point - with so many births in the U.S. now being C-section, convenience makes a significant impact.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Reverse the colours and rename the infographic:

Most common periods for martial sex.

The difference between the first week of Sept and the rest is interesting. It's fairly well known that kids born in the summer have a considerable development head start on their class mates. The cut off in the UK used to be July 1st. I'd imagine some parents will target that, but that can't be the full explanation.
        there's a bigger difference with the cut off in entry into youth athletic leagues. Soccer was written about in Freakonomics, here's an article about baseball.
        In Major League Baseball, there are a lot more Juan Pierres than there are players like Alex Rodriguez. Yes, Pierre is a light hitter, and A-Rod is...

Since 1950, a baby born in the United States in August has had a 50 percent to 60 percent better chance of making the big leagues than a baby born in July. The lesson: If you want your child to be a professional baseball player, you should start planning early. Very early. As in before conception.

For more than 55 years, July 31 has been the age-cutoff date used by virtually all nonschool-affiliated baseball leagues in the United States. Youth baseball organizations including Little League, Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth, PONY, Dixie Youth, Hap Dumont, Dizzy Dean, American Legion, and more have long used that date to determine which players are eligible for which levels of play. (There is no such commonly used cutoff date in Latin America.) The result: In almost every American youth league, the oldest players are the ones born in August, and the youngest are those with July birthdays.
        Twelve full months of development makes a huge difference for an 11- or 12-year-old. The player who is 12 months older will, on average, be bigger, stronger, and more coordinated than his younger counterpart, not to mention more experienced. And those bigger, better players are the ones given opportunities for further advancement
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Vintage VD:
          Popular Science article - Civil War era map Of Syphilis
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• not much else to do in Wisconsin I guess.

Comment

• We had a Halloween party and a bunch of Ohio U students came (volunteers at the Chinese school). One of them would have won the costume draft in the sports bar.

Comment

• Slutty Chinese volunteer student sounds hot

Comment

• Brody says L's authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass.

Comment

• Anybody seen this site before? My first impression is some of the best quality old-time photos I've seen
                    http://behindthebag.net/

The photo's I've checked so far have been from his own photobucket account: photobucket.com - user Tom Conmy

1925, Ray Schalk on the left:

1950, Willie Mays:

Comment

• if we never play again, I will forever be a better player than Johnny.

Comment

• Maybe we'll get the band back together after the New Year?

Comment

• I haven't been on the site much lately, just wanted to say Happy New Year to all my VD buddies. Hope you are all well. I'll be busy for a month or so, but I might be able to do VD9 in a little bit if there is interest. Or maybe I'll display my lack of musical knowledge in one of those music drafts. And go Seahawks ! Hopefully Heye doesn't think he needs to be a Niner fan now that he is in California.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Love the old baseball pics, those are awesome.
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Hopefully Heye doesn't think he needs to be a Niner fan now that he is in California.
                              I'm a contrarian... I think now that Vick will be gone and I am away from Philly fans I will be able to get back to being an Eagles fans. I was really angry with the team for signing him, but I've discovered I was just as angry with the fans for accepting it.

I use to root for the Niners as I thought they were a excellent, well run team, but being closer has only pushed me away.

Maybe I'm just a dick. (teed up for someone's sig...)

Comment

• I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X