*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    so, not particularly impressed with that pick then, eh?

Either that, or it was an out of the box stroke of genius pick on my part...
    ... just raggin on ya ... who know's what's a good pick in this format.

Comment

• Left work early today due to sickness. Will try to crawl over to the office and pick Irishly.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Ha! Suck it!

sorry... I think this may be my first time in about 12 drafts that I've ever taken someone other people were looking at before they actually drafted them
        Fixed
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I had Williams typed in, nickname, subsequent joke, and all when I switched to Hal Trosky. I was going with Billy "Goat" Williams...
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Got a dentist appointment today. I'm sure I will get shit for not flossing as always. In the past I've tried to floss right before, but apparently that doesn't do much and only linflames your gums and makes it harder for the hygienist to clean your teeth.

I know I will need to get COBRA health coverage (about $500/month... I'd kill for a $140 option) but was planning on going without dental coverage for the time being? Bad idea? I've never had a cavity in my life and figure I'll be good for 6 months if I get my teeth cleaned today... that takes me through the new year and hopefully I will be employed by then with new coverage.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Did I miss a post? You out of work?
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                Did I miss a post? You out of work?
                He's movin' to Cali to check raise crazians.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Fixed
                  I can't help it that you all pick guys way too early...

Comment

• Note to self - don't explain pet funeral practices in the Sports bar
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Dental insurance is nice and relatively inexpensive but yeah you can probably risk it for a few months. I'd suggest looking into non-COBRA alternatives for your health plan. I have one with pretty high premiums and it's not awesome but it's $58/month.
                      I'll have to look into it. The Ex was in charge of all this kind of shit in my life. I have zero institutional knowledge of a lot of things that go into being an adult. Does insurance differ by state? Like would I go COBRA for a month here and then shop for a cheaper independent thing once I was in CA?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Note to self - don't explain pet funeral practices in the Sports bar
                        did you use them to make soup?

as an aside... I was tempted to throw this into my signature, but that would be more mean spirited than the playful one I have now:
                        This is like Roto Rooter-level of stupidity here.

Comment

Oh, this is what I used but it was for New Mexico.

Edit: Maybe this one can help you? http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/
                          thanks. I'll check it out.

on a sad note... or maybe not too sad, but truthfully. I was chatting with TheGirl the other day about FaceBook friends and whatnot. she was saying she really just uses FB to play games and not really for chatting or personal interaction. she said she thought it was an odd way to socialize. I said I was the same, but told her that I really count a bunch of people here as real friends. probably some of my closer friends in the world even though I've never met most of you.

Thanks for being my friend all.

Comment

You still should come visit here in New Mexico. Bring TheGirl along. We have a spare room and New Mexico is pretty cool for exploring and vacationing and whatnot.
                            My dad is a big fan of native american art and history and does a yearly trip down there. I'd like to make one of the trips with him one of these years.

Comment

Ashamed of the ol' lady friend, eh?
                              ha... my dad camps... rjel girl not so much...

TheGirl that played VD with us isn't the same as RJEL girl.

Comment

ha... my dad camps... rjel girl not so much...

TheGirl that played VD with us isn't the same as RJEL girl.
                                So who's the diner lady?

Comment

Working...
                                X