Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    He's up there with Pedro and Wally J.
    I'm definitely missing something in this exchange. Can I trade this miss in for skipping an hour of waiting for my next pick.

On the bright side, I'm getting a lot of work done today...
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Here - I was busy driving around trying to find someone to drink with - Picks will be up soon

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Pedro, Big Train, and Lefty Grove would probably be my top three as well. I think I started a "best pitcher of all time" thread at one point here on RJ. Can't remember exactly.
        In that order? Looking at it more carefully, I think I'd go Grove, Johnson, and Pedro. Grove was totally without equal in his era. Hubbell was excellent but still a distant second. Johnson had Mathewson, Alexander, Brown, Walsh, et al -- none of whom were as dominant for as long, but still. Pedro had Maddux, Clemens, Unit, etc. Again, not as high of a peak as Pedro, but Grove just seems like the most dominant when you take everything into account, starting with his era, his longevity, etc.

Comment

• Pedro was probably the best in terms of skill and peak, but since he didn't get 300+ wins, I'd put him 3rd.

Wally or Lefty ... hard to look past Johnson. He posted all his epic numbers in the Deadball era, but let's not forget he was also one of the best pitchers of the 1920's, despite being right at the end of his career, and with a lot of miles in his arm. Maybe only Dazzy Vance was his better in the 1920's (although incidentally, Dazzy Vance was also in his 30's when his career essentially "started", and he was a hard thrower).

Wally
          Lefty
          Pedro

... seems right.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            I need to enter the 21st century and get a smart phone I guess...I was in San Fran all week and the only computer I had access to was an Ipad -- do those things have a USB port ? I had saved my spreadsheet but didn't have time to look at it or figure out how to get it onto the Ipad, too busy seeing family and trying to figure out what to do. I left just a little early to join Fresno Bob at Fight Club.
            Simple -- get a free Dropbox account, toss your spreadsheet in there, and then download Dropbox to your iPad.

Comment

• Heye said he was out to eat and will pick as soon as they stop churning the butter in a couple of hrs

Comment

• I'll be around for a little bit. If he's not back, I'll forward a pick to Pogues.

Comment

• Those fuckers in the Sports Bar don't deserve this ... Jar Jar Banks and Pearl Jam @ Wrigley Field

The evening was somewhat spoiled for Ernie when he found out he'd been drafted on Heyelander's team. 20 years without a title at the Cubbies and now this.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Those fuckers in the Sports Bar don't deserve this ... Jar Jar Banks and Pearl Jam @ Wrigley Field

The evening was somewhat spoiled for Ernie when he found out he'd been drafted on Heyelander's team. 20 years without a title at the Cubbies and now this.
                    Yeah, those Sports Bar types - those ingrates - they certainly don't deserve this. You'd have to be a real American to understand this anyway, right Johnny? Right?!
                    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                      Yeah, those Sports Bar types - those ingrates - they certainly don't deserve this. You'd have to be a real American to understand this anyway, right Johnny? Right?!
                      Absotootley

Comment

• Sent my next pick to Johnny...2 choices and I doubt Diablo will take both.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues
                          Really? It comes to this? THIS is a good fit for my team??? At least he's a HOF.
                          GladHeAteHer would be so proud... I think he said Rabbit would never be drafted.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I saw JarJar at a signing at the local mall many years ago. Most players would sit in silent resentment and sign balls. Banks got up half way through and started talking to people in the line. He said we must all be getting stiff from standing there and we needed to stretch... then he started doing jumping jacks on the stage and trying to get everyone in line to join in. Seemed like a genuinely decent guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              GladHeAteHer would be so proud... I think he said Rabbit would never be drafted.
                              I just so disappointed tho he didn't use " SHOOOO I hunting Wabbits"

Comment

• found this while I was looking for a best of Mallory Archer clip...

Comment

Working...
                                X